Thursday, March 8, 2007

21/3 that's almost 1 every two months!

The pictures are of various roommates, just ones I have on my computer right here. Natalie spent some time with my family when we were all in California... where we all used to live.




Sheridan wrote about roommates on her blog and how could I not write about this? I had 21 roommates in the 3 years it took me to finish school. They were (in order) Annie, Emily, Natasha, Mary Beth, Ashley, Jenny, Christina, Marie, Shannon, Amber, Kacey, *Natalie*, Laura, Amelia, Emily (different one), Megan, Tanya, Julie, Debbie, Tasha, and Ashley (different one).
The stories to tell. One of these ladies was 10 years my senior, yet had some difficulties. She was working on independent study, but I don't think she finished the math course she was working on. She had to hurriedly move out due to some family problems and so my remaining roommates and I had to clean her room. We went in there and when we moved the best away from the wall we found so many candy, snack, etc. wrappers, as well as drinks (some still half full). She "worked" from home, but I don't think she really did that much. She spent more time in pajamas than anything else. She spent the majority of her time in her room (obviously).
More stories will surely come.
Natalie has stars because she is the only one who lived with me in a second place... and she is one of my closest friends (there aren't many). And to think I thought she was this annoying girl when she first moved in...(maybe I still do...).
My roommates all had good qualities (although some of them I would have to think about) and I learned a lot from all of them. For a long time I thought Megan was an angel and wasn't really a student, but unless they have email in heaven she is for real...
Does anyone wonder why a dog is my roommate now?
My back hurts, I had to drag a girl kicking and screaming through the halls today, and then she head butted my knee. I'm going to bed, then back for more in the morning.

3 comments:

Shersy said...

I liked how you said - "My roommates all had good qualities (although some of them I would have to think about) and I learned a lot from all of them." That is what I wanted to say exactly! 21 - very impressive! I'm even more impressed that you remembered all the names - I should list all the names sometime too!
Hearing about your experience at work brought back a quick memory from Primary - an unruly 4 or 5 year old that I physically had to remove from the room - while she was kicking, clawing, hitting! It was one of those gold-star days :) Her mom was not surprised when I showed up with her - but she was better in the future ;) So many stories!
I also cleaned out my first year apartment after the roomates left - that was an important experience to have - I'm sure it contributed to my need for cleanliness now!
Love you girl!

Becky said...

Roommates are always interesting memories! Thanks for sharing some of yours!

Joan said...

Were is Natalie? Is she still in Provo? Hope that you are enjoying your family....