So, I just read Mom's lovely post.
I do recognize that you spent time, energy, and money on many things for me. I just can't remember what I say and what I don't. (I talk to much to myself apparently).
As Mom knows (and many others) I have wanted to take horseback riding lessons for a very long time. For the last little while I've been thinking that the perfect surprise gift would be lessons. Well, I am just a mystery, so how could I expect someone to figure that out. So I was talking to mom a few weeks ago when I was visiting and while talking about this she said I should get lessons for myself. I was looking in the phonebook and on the internet and I found one that said "Lessons for every age." So I thought, hmmm maybe I won't be such a fool... Then I saw the "permission slip" with a line for parental consent. So I work with some people who own horses and in talking to them they invited me to go riding with them. So... once we pass the spring showers.
So now, some stories from work:
I had this little girl who was scratching people and their skin starting bubbling up, so they were getting checked for various diseases. Well, some how the girl found out about being diseased and when she got mad at me one day she yelled at me that she would spit in my eye...
This kid yesterday was yelling at the staff and he called us, (sorry) "Damn people!" I responded, "No, those would be beavers."
Give me a break I worked 60 hours this last week, 16 just yesterday.
A nine year old was petting me (my hair), the one who told me I smelled good. The other day he puts his elbow on my shoulder when I was sitting there. Then he kinda pulled that yawning move and put his arm around me. Then he got handsy... He's forbidden to touch me now.
So, this morning Tess was mad at a fly. She was trying to eat it, but it was smarter than her. It stayed on the glass door so she kept on running into it. It was pretty funny. I don't know who finally won.
3 comments:
You have so many experiences. You could write a book...Hope you get to go horseback riding..Sometime I'll tell you about what happened to me while riding a horse.. Big loves G.
Actually I said "Find some lessons and we'll give them to you." And just because they have a permission slip doesn't mean they don't take adults too! Go girl!
And stay away from the scratchers!
Those nine year olds just can't resist you. After all you are the hottest staff member. :)
Post a Comment