Saturday, April 7, 2007

The Puppy Who Wouldn't Play

I'm think of writing a new children's story and this would be the title.
It is based on true events...

Once upon a time there was a puppy who wouldn't play. When she went to the park it wasn't that the other dogs avoided her, but she just wouldn't play. She preferred to roll in the other dogs' pee. Sometimes she would run up to humans, but usually she just rolled in the pee. There was an old rumor that the puppy, whose name was Tess, was actually part cat--scaredy cat. Tess loved the park, if only those other dogs would just pee and then leave her alone. They were all bigger than her, and faster. And their barks didn't sound like someone just stepped on their tail. But these were just excuses to why she wouldn't play with them. She honestly just wanted to roll in their pee. They all played together. Big, small, black, white, lab, german shepherd. It didn't matter. Even if another beagle was there, Tess let them play with each other.
To be continued...

So we found a dog park. We have gone for two days straight with declining results. I need to go make sure that there isn't a break in the fence where she can get out.

I was called off from work this morning... I think I have mentioned before that getting a call at 5:03 in the morning and being told, "You have been called off" makes me feel so important, or at least somewhat like a doctor or something. In less than a week I head off to Texas! It shall be much fun...

A couple days ago I had one of my freaky girls standing in the hall and out of nowhere to herself she says "I think I just farted." I just started cracking up...
One of the others said, a few weeks ago, "she lifts up everyone hopes... and then she crushes them." This wasn't said about me, but similar things have been said about me. In fact we have started calling my groups "TSG"s. This stands for Traci's Stupid Groups. Or as some of the children spell my name "Traisy". Whatever! I still love it, but I can't wait for a little vacation.

By the way, G and G, I was thinking about coming out to Utah for a week around the 4th of July. What do you think?

Blah, blah, blah. I don't know what else to say. Oh yeah, Lost was just pathetic this past week. And those previews... I loved the smoky scenes making Jack's return next week look like Jesus coming to save the people.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh I just love your dog! That is too funny! LOST was so not pathetic!!! I loved it!

Joan said...

Traci, it sounds like tess will never get lost. Just follow the big dogs. I am curious, do you pet her with gloves on?? We have started counting down to the fourth of July, we would love to hav you here for as long as you can stay. Remember, that bus still runs from here up to the "U"
Did we tell you that the bushas to turn around and can not go through the U. It seems that anyone driving through the U gets a degree.
Does anyone ever tell you that Tess smells so sweet?? Love you Bruno.

Joan said...

I guess I better add my comment. You are always welcome.. We miss your weekends when you were at the Y. Just let us know and we will be at the airport to pick you up. Love ya much