Tuesday, May 22, 2007

" I'm not dead! I'm feeling much better..."

So I am doing better. I am past the point where there is sympathy and to the point where everyone just thinks I am gross and should get over it. I still feel awful though. Definitely could have taken a few more days off. Today I asked one of my girls to get me the tissues and from across the room she decided to throw the box to me. Only problem is one of my boy's face got in the way... I had a good laugh.



It's been trying at work lately. I have one kid, very smart, but has been told his entire life he was stupid and retarded. So that is what he acts like most of the time. He has a speech impediment and probably ADHD, but that's about it. Very smart for his age actually. It's unfortunate the things people say without thinking.



I also have several kids right now whose parents could care less. They rarely show up for family sessions, only call occasionally, and seem to have no time for visitation. Now, I understand that parents get very busy with their lives and their other children, but come on! An eight-year-old boy who doesn't hear from his mother in over a month and doesn't see her in who knows how long?!? That's ridiculous. Sometimes I really just want to smack the parents...



We just have some really difficult cases right now. I pray for continuous patience with these kids and to be a physically present representative for Heavenly Father (how testimony meeting does that sound? but I don't know how other to put it). These kids need something, but it takes a lot out of you. How odd is it I am saying this after my first day back from a three day weekend?



We got our holiday schedules today. I am scheduled for Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving evening, and Christmas day shift. I have since picked up Christmas Day evening shift, and New Year's Day Double shift. For one, I don't have kids like the woman I picked up Christmas Day evening for does, and for two, I don't plan on having a hangover come January 1, 2008. I don't think I even stayed awake the whole evening this past year. Best part is time and a half for 16 hours and I get 8 hours PTO for every holiday I work. I will be taking a nice LOOOOONG vacation come January or so. I'm still working on Thanksgiving. I honestly don't know if I will be able to come to Utah for the celebrations...



I saw Shrek the Third yesterday. I enjoyed it, not as much as the second or first, but it was still good. My favorite character was definitely Mr. Merlin with his shorty robe... excellent!



Love Peace and Happiness... and an early bedtime for me because my head is fuzzy, but the pain is still coming through.



Season finale of Lost tomorrow! Do not call me during the hours of 9-11 EST tomorrow night.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

With the exception of Halloween it looks like you've got all the holidays booked.

Becky said...

How many illogical, bizzare story lines can they cover in two hours of lost??
We'll hold out hope for the holidays and enjoy whatever time we do get with you!

Lori said...

Trace that sucks! But i'm coming down for the 4th so I'll see you then I'm excited!

Shersy said...

I don't pray for patience - when I did I found my days were really horrible. So, I pray for strength, endurance, love, etc. But NOT PATIENCE! I really like your attitude toward those kids of yours - it sounds like you play a special part in their lives!

Anonymous said...

You are just working to hard and put so much LOVE and CARE into each of YOUR KIDS.. Ilove you very much
Grandma