I didn't realize it had been over a week since I last posted, but I guess it makes sense. I think I worked 60+ hours this week. Now, some of you go, "60 hours, that's nothing"... but I am not sitting at a desk for this time. On Saturday I (and 4 others) had to hold a kid to the floor for 25+ minutes. Thursday I had to hold a girl down twice in a matter of 10 minutes. I got scratched, threatened, spit on, and more, but I had fun too. Monday (my usual day off) I worked 16 hours with the adolescents. We had a water balloon fight... I told them to not get me wet, I didn't have a change of clothes. However, my co-workers did not think that was a good enough excuse.
Wednesday was the last day of school, so Thursday after work I went to Sam's Club and bought 4 books of "summer school work" for the kiddies. Less TV and we might yet learn that George Washington was the first president of the United States and Alaska (not Paris) is the largest state in the U.S.. Wednesday was a bad day, which was (as my coworker said) the last straw, so Thursday we put the kids on lockdown. This means they came out of their rooms to eat or if we were escorting them to the quiet room.
I am finally using my I-tunes card. I have bought 14 songs since Christmas. I only meant to buy 11 but somehow they tricked me into buying 3 extra ones.
I have gone back and forth debating whether or not to take a "holiday" as a foreign friend of mine calls it, but finally I decided not to. Maybe later this summer.
And to end the post, my big announcement.
I believe I have developed allergies here in Indiana. I always thought the kids with allergies were the nerds... or was that asthma? Oh well, I guess I fit nicely into the nerd category and I am proud to admit it!
My latest John Grisham is a good read too, if only my eye will stop being so swollen and open, so I can read...
5 comments:
Oh I'm sorry about allergies. Today was my first day of work and I don't know how i'm going to handle 20 hours! You're crazy!
I hope the Claritin (sp) will help! As well as the past couple of days off! I'm sending good thoughts your way!
Sorry to hear about the allergies - I developed some when we moved here :( Glad you got a bit of a break with the lockdown...Love yoU!
No fun having allergies. You need lots of rest and chicken enchiladas and Corn on the cob....Big Big LOVES
I have a couple of cute nerds I guess. I have alleriges and Jadyn and Jake have allergy induced asthma. She has an inhaler too!
I cannot imagine your job. I hope you enjoy it or are at least getting paid well considering the stories you tell. But I believe you are mkaing a difference whether the kids can show it or not.
Post a Comment