Monday, July 23, 2007

This one's for real.

Make a note. At 1:36 A.M. EST July 23, I finished the final Harry Potter book.

It was FANTASTIC! I just so thoroughly enjoyed it. I was so proud of myself for calling so many things... although I was wrong about many things as well.

I do have some grumblings about one part and how it came across. I will have to reread it and see if it is better the second time.

I tried posting a blog a few days ago, but my internet wasn't working. I was going to make some more predictions, but I guess I shouldn't do that now (I might give something away). About Wednesday of last week I decided to start reading the 6th book again. I finished it on Saturday afternoon, after I had got the 7th book and after work. I only had 100 some pages left and I really wanted to refresh my mind since I hadn't read it straight through since it first came out. Sure, you remember the big stuff, but man, I was glad I went back to reread it.

So, I started reading the 7th Saturday evening, interrupted myself by making a quick run to the grocery store, then read until I fell asleep around 11 that night. This does not happen to me. I do not fall asleep reading books. I think it could be explained by my complete exhaustion (which is causing bouts of memory loss). So, I didn't get too far. One of my favorite things (ever since I could read) is to read late into the night in bed. Unfortunately I fell asleep early (earlier than planned). So, I read more today. Only got a little in before church, then read straight through the rest of the day. I got out of church at 4 this afternoon, so it's not like I have been reading since noon...

Tess is feeling neglected. She doesn't like Harry Potter too much I am afraid. She kept walking on top of my book. I kept it well out of her reach while I was out of the house... who knows what she might have done to it.

The thing I really noticed about this book was that everything was for real. No more practice. Harry Potter was a grown-up. You'll see what I mean as you read it. If you don't get it I will post my detailed opinions on here in a matter of a few weeks.

4 comments:

Becky said...

So glad you finished! And with a day off to spare so you can catch up on your rest! I'm just starting, so thanks for not spoiling it. Bryan also finished last night and Ola is just about done.

Joan said...

I wondered why you hadn't bloged!!!!
When everyone gets through reading HP
maybe we'll get back to this IMPORTANT STUFF..... I love you anyway.... :)

Regan said...

I completely agree with you - it was fantastic, although I don't think my Tess likes Harry Potter much, either.

tammy 2-2 said...

you can comment on my blog since I'm finished. what didn't you like? i like how she tied ALOT of things together. i finished it about 8 pm MST July 22. glad you liked it!