I get so upset with people who don't update their blogs, then I realize how slow I am on mine.
I was able to leave B-town aroung 12:45 Wednesday afternoon. The dog and I drove for 12 hours (she stood for the first two shaking in her kennel) and stopped in Texarkana (note: we passed through Arkadelphia, and no, I am not making these cities up). We left the next morning not too early and arrived in H-town just after 11.
It's been a great trip. Nadia was sick last Monday(?) before she got here. Jeff got sick Friday, then passed it to Lori, who then passed it to Olivier, who then passed it to Melissa, who then passed it to me, who then passed it to Kevin.
I know few (if any) of you believe me, but I don't give in to sickness easily. I have never missed a day of work due to being sick, never skipped classes for being sick (note: exhaustion and 'just not being able to handle another class' are not sick), the last time I missed a day of school for being sick was my freshman year of high school.
Suffice it to say, I don't give in to the evil that is 'sick'. But this time there was nothing even I could do. I fought as long as I could, but in the end I lost the battle.
This all started Sunday afternoon. It is now Thursday and I think I am finally safe to eat things once again without too much caution ;)
I do have a funny story about dinner from yesterday evening. That story, however, must wait until I am at least 1,000 miles away from my mother's disapproving eye. (It will burn slightly less from a distance). Lori is the only one who knows what truly happened, (and Dad if he really is the person I think him to be).
Au Revoir! I am off to swimming, DSW, Old Navy, Barnes and Noble, to pick up my new glasses (no tape!), to put in my new contacts (I feel like a secret agent), to talk to myself, to read a children's book, to get a headache in the AMAZING media room, and to hug my mom.
3 comments:
OK, you DEFINITLY have my curiosity going. What happened at dinner??
Yeah... What about the dinner? :)
you realize that you are going to have to post about the dinner thing, because we're all SOOOO curious! I really like your hair in the pictures that your mom put on her blog. Sure wish I could see you sometime. It's been a LONG time. Too long!
Post a Comment