Saturday, October 20, 2007

little explanation

Yesterday JK Rowling announced (in response to a question) that the character Dumbledore from the "Harry Potter" books was gay. I also heard that in the sixth movie the director wanted to put in a small female interest for Dumbledore (in penseive scenes I think), so Rowling pulled him aside and "broke the news." Just interesting. My rant is below in the previous post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Trace: about the flu shot... I got it this year despite the fear most people our age express and didn't get sick at all. Just thought I'd throw my thought in the mix. Take care!
-B

Regan said...

Yeah, I think it's pretty dumb, but I'm choosing not to let it make a difference to me. When Bridget is a few years older and starts reading the series, I'm not going to point it out. I think JK Rowling is starting to look kind of silly, the way she keeps adding dumb stuff like this once the series is over. Like, once she said that Harry and Ron both became Aurors. But then she changed her mind and said Ron went into business with George. Does she just miss the publicity she's grown used to and has to keep throwing these things out? Eventually, the books are going to have to be truly "finished" and she needs to just leave it alone. I just don't see the point.