and not just on my life today at work.
I guess I didn't explain very well. The movie focuses on 6 friends: Rob, Lily, Hud, Marlena, Beth, and Jason. Rob is about to move to Japan for his work, so his brother Jason and Jason's girlfriend Lily throw him a surprise going away party. While at the party there are some explosions outside. Everyone at the party starts speculating. An earthquake or another terrorist attack. They run up to the roof to get a better look but then run down to the street when they see explosions very nearby. While in the street the head of the statue of liberty falls into the street nearby. They all go running and as a group try to stay together and get out of the city. On their way they see a monster and the military trying to attack the monster. The best part is that there are only a few shots of the monster and you don't get a good straight view at it-makes it that much scarier/intense.
The movie is mostly filmed by Hud, who was videotaping the party and then keeps the camera as they try to get out claiming, "people are gonna want to know how it went down." So, there is no introduction to the characters or background information except for what comes up in people's conversations. And there is no, 'what happens after' which I loved, but some people hated. I loved the wardrobe too. This happens in the middle of the night and one character has to run out in bare feet and pajamas. Another character is in a party dress and heels.
Anyways. The more I think about it the more I like it.
and anyways isn't a word-it's anyway. At least I didn't say "same difference." I hate that phrase.
1 comment:
I love your edit! :)
Post a Comment