For some reason I didn't pick up any milk when I was at the store on Friday. Also, I didn't feel up to going out yesterday so... there was only a tiny bit of milk for today.
If I had eaten breakfast I wouldn't have had any milk for the rest of the day- and what a tragedy that would have been! Well, fasting provided yet another hidden blessing. Although I did have to ration the milk this evening.
Yesterday I took Tess to the tennis court to play. It is enclosed so I took her off her leash. She wanted nothing to do with me and wouldn't even acknowledge my existence until I was ready to leave and tried to put her leash back on. She waited until I got close, then ran away.
So I left. And I left the gate open to see if she would follow. She did... at a great distance. The back of my building faces the tennis court. I went around to go in the front of the building because the back was all muddy.When I came out in the back to see if she was coming she was keeping me in sight, but still hanging back. So, I ran upstairs to get the one thing that never fails. THE CAR KEYS. So I got in the car and drove around. Once I got back around to see she wasn't by the tennis court anymore. I finally saw her standing up by the back of my building. She had found her way home! Now let's see if she can find Timmy in the well.
I wasn't worried about her running away. She usually keeps me in sight. I was worried about her getting hit by a car because she believes the world revolves around her and everything will stop for her if she wants it to.
I don't like always keeping her on her leash because she can't run as much- although I do run with her sometimes. I just don't know what I'm going to do though.
WAY TO GO FINN! Only 2 tubes left!
4 comments:
Haha! I love reading your blog! It's a good thing she knows where 'home' is!
You could go into wal mart and get a fifty foot light roop and tie that to her color and she could get a good run and you would still be in charge. Love ya Grandpa.
You're braver than me ~ I'd never let her off that leash again!
Like Lori I love reading your blog. Especially your Lassie reference.
I didn't realize that Tess played tennis :) :) So glad she found her way home... You need to get some powdered milk for those times....
We had a neighbor girl about three in American Fork that would tell us she liked FAST Sunday Better than SLOW Sunday... Love ya
Post a Comment