I don't have children of my own, but I cannot count the number of times I have heard people say things about letting their children make mistakes so that they can learn for themselves. How was Olivier supposed to learn dog treats were gross until he tasted them? (Okay, bad example, he likes them) But I had the chance to do this for one of my bosses yesterday. He decided he wanted to run a group with all the kids by himself. So I chose not to say anything. I was in the room when he walked in and said something about sitting in a circle. Instead of intervening (he doesn't like the way I intervene anyway) I started to walk out of the room. 15 children (most with ADHD and aggression problems) and he asked them to sit in a circle without any more specific instructions. Ha. And his concern was it was too warm in the room. Ha! So as I am in the doorway I hear him say, "alright, let's be quiet," and give me this look like "why didn't that work?" I wanted to walk out so bad, but I did make one last attempt to offer a suggestion by turning off the lights. Then I walked out. Within minutes (literally) there was screaming coming from the room. Not raised voices, but screaming. No, I didn't go down to the room. (Look above in the red) I wasn't in the mood to be fired, or lectured. My other coworkers went down there and a few moments later when I checked there were over half the kids in the hallway taking "personal time outs." My smile was wide. (Judge me all you want) He then proceeded to do multiple things he has criticized us for doing. Whatever. The clincher was when another one of my bosses (who wrote me up for my "attitude") pulled me into her office and said how pleased she was that the kids went off with him there. They were hitting each other, screaming, pushing, etc. I didn't really respond. Who knows when the switch will happen and what I say is no longer appropriate.
Back to real life that actually matters. I think I am dying. (see previous post about the dog) I came home from work planning to pack some books and clothes yesterday, but wasn't feeling up to it so I watched a movie while laying down on my bed. I came out to the living room to watch "House" and pack around 4:00, but fell asleep. When I woke up a 1/2 hour later I went into my room and proceeded to sleep until 12:45 when my phone went off with a text message. (Sorry Jordan, I don't know why I didn't wake up for yours). So it was Mom telling me she was going to bed. We don't make big decisions without checking with the other first (Just kidding Mom! I LOVE hearing from you.) So I got up, changed and got ready for bed, then went back to sleep. I woke up around 5:30 then 7:45 but still didn't feel well enough to get up. So I slept in late. I don't remember when, but I finally got up, watched the episode of "House" I fell asleep during and then some, and got ready for work, which I leave for in about an hour. So, no packing done and for some reason I still don't feel up to par. I do smell good though. Grandma Cleda sent me this huge bottle of Dove body wash for Christmas that I love and even though I have consistently used it, I still have some left. And I smell pretty.
I found this apartment in Philly that has a basement with a garage and room for a washer and dryer. I am so tempted. Think of the possibilities Tess!
Tammy, what is the proper (but not scientific) name of fireflies? Lightning bugs? Does my questions even make sense? I don't mean like larvae lightningae but the most commonly used name. That doesn't make sense either. I'm excited for them this year. Tess and I need to go catch some...
This is going to be an AWESOME week. Anybody else excited for Thursday????? Lost season finale. It's gonna be good. Their finales are always good. What am I saying, all of Lost is always good. Also Saturday I am heading over to Barnes and Noble so I can read Chapter 1 of Breaking Dawn! I love reading books meant for 12 year old girls. Who doesn't?
Man, I really do smell good.
I was threatened the other day to have my head knocked off. I got into a conversation with a coworker about how much money that would save. Hair, teeth, makeup, earrings. I would be sad though. Well I think (I wouldn't have my brain to have emotions). I really do enjoy doing girly things with my hair. Even when I have a mullet (which is finally almost gone!!!!) Oh yeah, I would save on contacts and glasses and eye appointments. By the way. I am in love with contacts. Why didn't I do this sooner? Oh yeah, I did and I didn't like them that time.
Lori, you motivated me. 10 down. Take that sucka!!!
3 comments:
wow! good job! are you doing it the right way?? You better get a fun apartment cuz I'm definitely gonna visit!
Bruno Says, I think you should read the story of Portia faces life. A radio show back in the forties. A story of an orphan girl named Portia who was left on the steps of the cabin of two old miners, who raised her from childhood in the little mining town of silver Creek Colorado. Who in young womanhood married England's most charming and richest Lord. The story that asks the question is can this girl from a little mining town in the west find happiness as the wife of England's Richest and most handsome Lord. As we left the story yesterday we find Portia wondering if she should be mad at the lady Dianna for wanting to break up her marriage with England's Richest and most handsome Lord. Tune in tomorrow to see if Portia can be happy knowing the England's richest and most handsome Lord might be untrue. Remember Portia is from a little mining town in the west. Love Ya Traci, Bruno I am from a little farming town in the west.
Apparently, it is appropriate to call them fireflies or lightning bugs. They are actually beetles, and there are over 2000 species in the world. I can't resist, though, their scientific family name is Lampyridae (translates to firelight; I like when scientific names make sense. Too often things are named after someone's great aunt Millie or a secret love or something stupid). To be honest, I had to Wikipedia this, because you forget, even though I know just about everything (ask my children and their friends), we don't have them in the WEST, so it's not something I know off the top of my head. However, I did find out that the Pennsylvania firefly, Photuris pennsylvanica, is the state insect of Pennsylvania! Enjoy! When do you move?
Post a Comment