Saturday, August 9, 2008

Humph

Today I was supposed to get my TV and internet all hooked up. Lori and I waited around to make sure we wouldn't miss the guy. So he shows up at 4:30, which was good because the time slot was from 3-5. He walks in and was pretty rude from the start. He wandered around going, "No, that's not where it goes, move this so I can look in here." Finally he makes his way back to my bedroom. Nope, not what he wanted in there either. So he calls out to say he needs to check the closet. So, I go to clear out the closet that has ALL of my clothes in boxes, suitcases, baskets, and various piles from the move. So he goes, "you need to clear out this whole closet, and this one here in the front needs to be cleared and if that's where you want your internet then you need to move that stuff too." Okay, this would be all fine if he wasn't so dang rude about it. Then he leaves for a few minutes. Then he comes back and says, "Do you want the good news or the bad news first?" I always want something to look forward to so I said bad news. He goes, "you aren't getting your cable today," and goes on and on about how such and such was messed up, blah, blah, blah. But he would be back Monday. Then he has the gall to say, "Did you clean out this closet? Oh, good you did." I don't know if there were any apologies.

It didn't pass my attention that he never gave me any "good" news.

So. Moving to Bloomington and living on my own was difficult, but do-able. However, pretty much since the moment I have arrived in Philadelphia I feel like I have been under attack. I told Dad that apparently the feminist movement hasn't yet happened in Philly. A single, young woman moving to Philadelphia and living on her own? And doing things for herself? Unheard of!

Watch out world (or Philly) I am fighting back!!!!

It's been one of those days. Can you tell? Yes. I am woman. And yes, I will make sure you hear me roar.

1 comment:

tammy 2-2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.