Tuesday, August 19, 2008

That's no owl

Last night I decided to go sit on my balcony while I was on the phone. So it was a little after midnight and I was just sitting there enjoying the night when suddenly something dark flies by. Then another one, and another one. Oh wait.... birds don't fly around at night, they sleep. However, BATS do fly around in the middle of the night.

Now, of course I thought to The Office. I am now in a "slyvania" so I immediately ran inside afraid I would be bit by a vampire bat. I yelled for Tess to hurry up and get inside too. However, now that I think back on it I think it would be pretty awesome to become a vampire and to have a vampire beagle. Oh, well. In the off chance they weren't vampire bats (I mean the real sci-fi vampire bats), I guess it is a good thing I ran inside. Those rabie shots wouldn't have been fun.

3 comments:

Ash Kelley said...

In Austin they have the biggest bat colony (i think i could be just full of crap) under the south congress bridge and every night hundreds of people go down to watch them fly out. Now to me it's just asking for rabies. But maybe the just want to be vampires. never thought of that.

Becky said...

If they're flying around and looking strong (instead of sick) you're probably safe. But it's probably risky, since by the time you know if you're safe or not - it's too late! :) Be safe!

tammy 2-2 said...

Unless you're a bug, I wouldn't worry. Vampire bats are tropical, you're in a temperate zone (and no, they don't migrate. . . go watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail). Without them you couldn't sit on your balcony because there would be too many bugs. How's the hot water? Speaking of bugs, have you seen any fireflies? Maybe the bats have eaten them all. Where's Edward when you need him?