Monday, September 1, 2008

My apologies

I guess that last post showed a little too much Traci. Sorry. I'll reign it back now.

So. She has a pregnant 17-year old. I'm not sure where to go with this. Not that I need to. But, it's interesting. I was reading about how they can "twist" it to be in their favor. 'Well, she didn't have an abortion, so the conservatives will love us!' Interesting. So, mom and daughter played Father of the Bride 2 and were preggos (hate that word, but love how ridiciulous it is) together. How cute. (Side note: since you can't 'hear' my tone, I am being sarcastic...)

I went through my teenage years knowing it was worse for me than for my parents. Then, when my sister went through school three years behind me, I was worried, because it was worse for her than me. Now, Kev and the kids I worked with at Meadows, I am even more shocked about the 'things' in life. 'Things' like it being 'cute' and 'popular' to be pregnant and engaged at the age of 15.

Sometimes I worry about the 'bleakness' of the future, but then I remember that we know how to make it through. Strong families. It cracks me up when people in my field are shocked to realize the difference a strong family support makes to a person's mental and physicall well-being.
Duh.

I didn't mean to make this a serious/somber post. I just get to thinking sometimes.

3 comments:

Joan said...

I am talking in our enrichment night
tonight...and I'm going to use your
comment about strong families..Thats really GOOD..GREAT even. Big loves.

Joan said...

I am writing under Joan's name because I am too lazy to sign in under my own name. Tracy, are you making an excuse for the actions of the Palin girl.. With the charge against Gov. Palin that she fired the Safety Commissioner when he refused to fire a trooper for divorcing her sister. If The Gov. is really interested in the welfare of the republican party, she should withdraw from the nomination. If that does not happen, I hope the convention has the strength to remove her from the ticket. I agree that the kids are faced with greater problems today, but you know something, the Lord has not moved one inch. Love you Tracy.

Joan said...

Sorry about grandpa spelling your name with a "Y" !!!! I'll set him right then next time he will know better. Love ya..