Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wonderful choice...

So, moving here was apparently a fabulous idea.
Mom, don't read. And probably Grandma, too. And Lori.
I watched the first 6 minutes of the news tonight. That's about all I could take. First story, an elderly couple attacked in bed-husband killed, wife beaten and sexually assaulted. Second story, car jacking, then the victim grabbed another car, chased the first guy, they both had guns and shot at each other. The first carjacker was shot and caught, the other guy got away. Best part-I drive right past here whenever I drive into the city. It's a matter of a few miles from my house. Third story, two attacks on college campus in New Jersey last night, even though the victims were in groups and there were campus police patrolling.
I changed the channel after that.
I have no problem spending more money on rent because I sleep just fine at night.
I quit one of my jobs today. The one I didn't get paid for. (I was going to say the one where they treat me like crap, but that is both of them). I loved the guilt trip she was trying to give me, but she had nothing to back it up. I didn't call her on the post about how she is offering this position as a paid position... Take the higher road...

5 comments:

tammy 2-2 said...

You are certainly growing as an adult! We're so proud of you. I, too, am glad you can sleep safely at night.

Melissa said...

Things like that happen because you are in a large city. People get attacked on Jeff's campus all the time. There's danger no matter where you choose to live.

Lori said...

holy hannah girl! stay in your 'safe' house and never leave! I'm glad you took the higher road good job!

Becky said...

I'm going to pretend I didn't read.

Joan said...

The News prints/tells all the BAD:( We had a young (new on the force) policeman in SL killed chasing a 30 year old in a stolen car...Its a bad world we live in.
Another happened during daytime when a young girl went to get in her car and a guy was hiding under her car-pulled her under and raped her.. Just always look around you...