Monday, April 27, 2009

A little off.

My face hurts. And no, not because of the sunburn.... because I can't stop smiling. Literally, I can't stop. (I don't think that means what you think it means)
Anyway. The weather here is BEAUTIFUL! This weekend it was in the low 90's. I adore this weather. I grew up in Southern California. We didn't have seasons. Spring only meant it was after Christmas and getting closer to no school. Texas wasn't much different. Once I lived in Utah I started noticing the miracle that is Spring. This has only increased over the last 6 years (seriously 6?) that I have lived in Utah, Indiana, and Pennsylvania. I love spring. I love it. There is nothing better than finally having warm days and being able to go outside without bundles of coats. I love it. So, this weekend was spectacular.
Saturday I slept in with the puppy. Then we decided to get up and go to the dog park. Well, we weren't there very long before some individuals (humans) got into a fight. Lovely. They didn't want this new dog to come into the little park because their dog wasn't friendly. This was the people who were already there. They started yelling at the new people/dog because the original dog attacked the new one. Hmm.... why would you bring your dog to a dog park if it isn't friendly? And do you think that this was your own personal area?
Anyway, so Tess and I left. In the few weeks that I have been going there this was the second "incident." The first resulted in the police being called. Not kidding. Dog people are crazy. Seriously. (And yes Tammy, I am thinking of you....)
So, then Tess and I decided to go check out another park. It wasn't a dog park, but I was just going to keep her on her leash. (At this point I was really missing Bryan Park in B-town). So, we drive all the way up to this other park and when we get there I find out pets aren't allowed AT ALL. Say what?
So, at this point I had heard from a few friends and some were down in the city planning a picnic and to play disc golf. I thought, "Hmmm. I'm definitely not going home, so I'll go check it out." Well, 45 minutes later (at least) I finally made it down there- everyone in all of Philadelphia was outside enjoying the weather. Literally, everybody.
So. We had a lovely time sitting in this little park across the street from a not-so-great neighborhood. Then we went to play disc golf. I don't think any of us had played before. This place was free and provided the discs. So. We played and Tess got dragged along with us through the woods of Fairmount Park.
So. Then I went home because I thought Tess was close to death. But I didn't want to stay in. So I was going to go to this area by the dog park that was just a whole bunch of grass and read a book. I wasn't sure if Tess wanted to go, but when I mentioned it to her she jumped up and ran for her leash. So, we went. It was lovely. I was only there for about an hour because all the people around left and when I sat up and looked around there was one creepy guy staring in my direction... and I think he was picking his nose. So. I decided it was finally time to go home.
I then sat out on the balcony for awhile and read. I don't get a lot of sun there except for in the morning, but it was quite pleasant.
Sunday had similar weather... which was fantastic. I woke up about 7 in the morning and was so sick to my stomach I couldn't move. I was sure I was going to throw up if I shifted in the least. However, after realizing it was just too hot I was able to turn on the air. Which helped a little. I think I had heat stroke from the previous day. Well, a few hours later when I woke up again I felt much better so I was able to go to church. I was driving to church and I had the air on full blast, as cold as I could make it, but it still wasn't very cold. I couldn't figure it out. Finally, I realized I didn't have the A/C turned on.
Guess I've been out of Texas for too long.
So. This morning was yet another lovely day. I really wanted to wear flip flops but decided I needed to be more professional. So, instead I put on some torn up sneakers. So much better.
Now, unfortunately I am stuck in the library basement. So sad. Only for a few more hours. Then I will be out in the sun again.... One girl showed up to class this morning wearing an outfit that looked like she was going straight to the beach. Seriously. Funny thing was she was presenting today too. Ah well. Enjoy the weather. Then I realized (as I was walking to the library) that people were out on the grass (the 5 inches this campus actually has) in bikinis and guys were wandering around without shirts on. Spring is here!!!
This morning on the train there were some more old ladies. Not as old, and not as many. I don't know. They were probably 40 (haha- take that!) Just kidding. But I think they were drunk. I haven't acted like that since I was in high school. Sheesh. At one point when we stopped at Temple University they started shouting at all the students getting off to never leave school and be smart and they were such good kids, etc. etc. Lovely. They were cackling too. I don't like cackles. Scary.
Anyway. Now I am off to write my paper.
See ya peeps.

3 comments:

Becky said...

What a great overview of what sounds like a maaaaavelous weekend! So glad you had fun. But watch the sun!

Ash Kelley said...

smart move ditching the creepy nose picker. sounds like a fun weekend!

tammy 2-2 said...

Okay, thanks for the dog people comment. I am not that weird. I take my dog out into the desert where there aren't any people. I'm respectable. So there. So. You like so alot, don't you?