Friday, December 10, 2010

I have a theory

Actually, I have several, but I am going to share one today. It is the bad morning/good day theory.
It seems that when a person has a really bad morning that the rest of the day will be good. Also, when you have a great morning, the rest of the day won't be so good- I heard someone say this is because you use up all of your luck for the day.
Anywho- this theory has spread to which floor I park on at work. I park in a garage with 7 floors plus a lower level. My belief: If you get a spot on 1 you will have a bad day. If you park on 4 or higher you will have a good day. 2 or 3- doesn't make any difference. (I know this isn't true, and doesn't even follow a trend, but come one, give me this one).
So today. I knew it would be good because as of 4:00 I would be off for a whole weekend! But as my morning progressed I started thinking it would be even better. Allow me to explain:
I woke up and checked my email this morning. Dear Traci, Your rent payment (from a WEEK AGO) has been reversed... now, this isn't a huge deal because I know I have enough money, it is just the stupid online system that I use to pay my rent. It has messed up for the last 3 months... it's really annoying.
I got a late start to my day... leaving a few minutes later than I planned... but that's okay, I could make up some of it on my drive in. I was only a few minutes behind.
Then I walked outside. Have you ever walked outside and been completely shocked at the weather? I haven't until this morning. The last thing I heard about the weather was that it was supposed to snow on Sunday. Well... first thing I saw as I walked out was white... covering the parking lot. I should have known because it warmed up a little yesterday... So I went and cleaned off my car then slowly made my way out of the unplowed complex to the (mostly) cleared streets.
Just around the block I realized... I forgot my deodorant that morning. (Now, as I am coming to understand, my hygiene is better than many other individuals- including one person at work who told me they forgot to brush their teeth this morning...) But I was not going to sit in my office without deodorant all day. My office mate might have an odd smell... but I don't want to extend the same courtesy. So even though I was just around the corner from home I didn't want to worry about the snow packed parking lot, so I stopped at the store... bright side- now I have deodorant in my car, down side- it will be frozen.
Then I hopped on the highway and was frantically waiting for traffic reports on the radio to see if I should jump off and take surface streets or get on the connecting highway (that sometimes has traffic). The traffic didn't report any problem on the highway... so I continued on... and immediately regretted it. I saw the brake lights as I approached the highway, but it was too late. You know why the traffic? Because a single cop car was sitting ALONE on the side of the road with his lights on... and everyone had to stop and see what was going on.
I finally got to work (close to 45 minutes after I usually do) and had to park on the *gasp* FOURTH FLOOR!!!!
Amazingly I was still in a decent mood by the time I got in to my office.
And you know what? The day was neither extraordinarily bad or good. *pfft* (That is me, kicking my theory out the window).
I did do an interview with a mother who didn't blame the weather or the teacher or the doctor or food coloring for her daughter's ADHD. She just wants to get some help. So, I guess it was a FABULOUS DAY!!!

2 comments:

Joan said...

We have been without our computer for a few days--so happy to see your new news......Loves

Joan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.