Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Florida Trip Spring Break (Saturday aka Getting to Florida and Downtown Disney)

I have so much to catch up on! I realized I still need to finish posting some pictures from the Florida trip in March. In April I went to Philadelphia and spent some time with some great friends. In May Becks came to visit me and we went to Kirtland. Next week Kevin is coming to see me, so I figured I need to get cracking on some posts about my trips/visits over the last couple of months...


















When we last left off, Bryan, Olivier, and I were still driving to Florida.



Well, we finally made it, and I have to say that Olivier is one of the best people to travel with. Not kids, but people. He was awesome! He didn't complain and Bryan and I listening to the Ricky Gervais show podcast for 10 hours or whine about sitting in the backseat, or start screaming he had to pee. At one point we had just passed a little town when Olivier suddenly decided he was starving and he needed to eat RIGHT NOW! Unfortunately there wasn't another town for a little while, but fortunately Bryan had packed some snacks. I loved being able to play the "fun aunt" role and never say no to Ollie when he wanted more cookies!


A few things I will remember from the drive to Florida:


-Bryan bestowing the honor on me of being the first person other than him to drive his precious car
-Testing the limits of Bryan's amazing hybrid to see how far we could go in between fill-ups


-Olivier making hand shadow puppets on the car door


-The joy on Olivier's face when I told him to go ahead and jump back and forth between the two beds at the hotel
-Bryan "faking" sports talk after the waiter noticed his Indiana University t-shirt




Once we got to the condos (several hours before the rest of the group) we explored the condos (after finally getting the correct key from the owners). The places were awesome! Dad did an amazing job of finding the perfect place for us to stay. Each condo had 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, a nice kitchen, multiple other amenities, and best of all- a personal, enclosed pool!


The condos were is great condition and set up very nice.This was the bedroom I stayed in for the first half of the week- I wish I knew how to fold towels so they looked like creepy birds...



Olivier was so excited for pool he was bursting- or at least his ribs were bursting out of his chest.



Olivier loves to hang out by the pool, but doesn't always like to go all the way in. Here he is not trusting Bryan... (I have taught him well!)



He finally did get in. And then wouldn't stop begging to be taken around and around. We tried to show him how he could reach the bottom in the shallow end, but he preferred getting a ride.



After Dad, Mom, Lori, and Kev showed up a few of us (Bryan, Olivier, Kevin, and I) went to Downtown Disney.





I don't like this picture because I think when my hair is pulled back I look like a boy, but I can't believe how tall Kevin is (although, this was 2 months ago- he has probably grown another 5 inches since then...)



I'm sorry this is sideways, but it is just as well. Olivier was not happy, but we had to get a picture of him with his favorite- BUZZ!



He was a good sport and agreed to take a picture (and give half a smile) with his dad and Bryan's favorite- DONALD!



It had been a VERY long day.



Just wanted something to eat...





Everyone finally got there (at least the ones coming that day) and we had pizza. It had been a long day for everyone and pizza was the perfect remedy for long car-trip sickness.

No comments: