Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Nadia!



Nadia made me an aunt 5 years ago today. Her parents were living in Utah when she was born and I was visiting. I remember how anxious Melissa was for her to be born.
I spent a lot of that morning at the hospital with Melissa and Jeff, but things were moving slowly so I headed home for some lunch. The hospital where Nadia was born was a small hospital and, like a lot of hospitals, you needed to be buzzed in to the maternity ward. When I got back from lunch no one was there to buzz me in. So I buzzed and buzzed and finally, after several minutes, I got buzzed in. I soon realized that it was such a slow day that all the doctors and nurses were in with Melissa when she went in to labor, and that is why no one was there to let me in!
I met Nadia when she was seconds old... and I have loved her ever since.
She is the only girl with 2 brothers and several boy cousins and she is such a sweet girl! and so smart!!!

I love you Nadia!! Happy birthday!!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Yea for Aunt Traci who takes video clips. We love the movie and the song you used is perfect. Thanks for making and posting it.

Becky said...

Awesome!

carlee said...

Wow Traci, that was the cutest thing I've ever seen! Show me how to do that!

joan bryan said...

Loved the video...She is one lucky little girl to have such a wonderful Aunt "ELEDA" :)