Saturday, February 4, 2012

When parents text (part 2)

This morning I had the fabuous opportunity to meet with my dear ol' dad for breakfast. He has been in Austin this week on business, and although he (somewhat rudely) rejected my offer to meet for dinner at some point this week, he did agree to meet me for breakfast before he went back to Houston today.
So this morning we met halfway between Austin and San Antonio at Cracker Barrel. We (I) had a wonderful time chit-chatting and and eating some homestyle cooking on Chevron's dime.
Afterwards we parted ways.
This evening I was on my way to a bridal shower, so I sent a quick text to Daddio asking if he made it home safely.
After a few hours I received the following text reply.
(Please note: this is written exactly as it appears on my phone, spaces and all.)

Hi Traci. Sorry, I just saw your text. Thanks for having breakfast with me. I hope you have fun at the bridal shower. take care. I love you lots.

love,
Dad

Now, if you remember from the last "when parents text" entry, Daddio usually texts this way, which I love. It just especially cracked me up because right next to the formal text was the profile picture I have for him on my phone. And this picture so happens to be a drawing my niece made on a dry erase board with a large circle head, tiny neck, pointy noise, large loopy smile, black eyes with tiny white pupils in the center, and.... the defining characteristic: a little bit of hair on the sides of his head, but none on top, because according to Nadia the difference between her two grandpas- Grandpa Wayne wears a hat and Grandpa Tony is bald on top of his head.

I just love it! 8^)

No comments: