Thursday, January 10, 2013

Just another day...

Things I witnessed today

1. A middle aged woman yelling and trying to escape the unit while wearing nothing except a sweatshirt. When I say nothing except, I mean nothing. When she told me not to touch her (when trying to stop her from escaping) I had to refrain from saying, "I really don't want to!"

2. A different middle aged woman wandering around with a baby doll wrapped up in a blanket clutched to her chest.

3. Yet another woman holding a conversation with the wall.

4. The woman from #1 asking someone from across the room if they were talking to her. When I looked around, there was no one in the whole area she was addressing.

5. A sixty year old man who doesn't see the need to pull up his paper pants, wipe, or clean himself up after a dozen trips to the bathroom. Let me tell you- paper scrubs don't last long, but they REALLY don't last long when they get wet.

6. Helping an old man into the bathroom to find the bathroom floor smeared with feces and who knows what else.

7. A grown man laying on his bed, which has fecal matter on it, and laughing hysterically at nothing I can see.

8. The man from #5 letting some extremely smelly (and loud) farts rip all day. Oh, and I was his 1:1 assigned staff.

9. A beautiful, sunny day, around 67 degrees.

10. Some weirdo carrying an overweight beagle up three flights of stairs. (The pup loves her walks, but her poor arthritic legs can't handle climbing up all the steps to my apartment. And yes, that weirdo would be me.)

2 comments:

carlee said...

Seriously, why do you do this? I would have nightmares everynight that I would be murdered in my bed! Not to plant any thoughts...

joan bryan said...

ELEDA!! Always glad to see your posts...even when they are so sad !! Sorry Tess is having so much leg problem, I can relate. So happy about your going back to school, that will help to get you out of the situation you now have to put up with.
BIG BIG LOVES JO