
Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! (Did you know it is actually properly pronounced Soice?)
The kids at school spent the day reading and having guest readers. I was able to read "Oh the Places You'll Go." It was a lot of fun. I was also able to listen to several of the kids read books. I think my favorite was the ten year old, who is an excellent reader, but unable to say "r's" was reading his story. The main characters were Mistuw and Missus Biwd. When their egg hatched a alligatow they tried to teach him how to fly. The kid turns the page and says, "this ain't gonna be pwetty!"
The CEO at work offered to right me recommendations for grad schools should I need it in the future. He said he is torn because he wants me to stay for another year, but he also wants me to get into grad school.
BAD HAIR DAY! I seem to be having a lot of those recently...
"My throat feels like a pickle on a sausage."
"Awe you getting mawwied today?"
I think I only made a few kids cry today...
One of my favorite adolescents was discharged today. She has been in the hospital since last July. I really think she is going to be okay. I was talking to her before she left and she gave me two hugs (her idea). It was so special because this girl is tough as nails. She has so many family problems, but she is a special kid.
I cleaned out my fridge today. Some of the stuff was in there from last Thanksgiving. Did you know that broccolli kinda consumes itself and shrivels away over 3 1/2 months?
I went to Walmart today and as I was being checked out realized I had no wallet! AWKWARD! The guy was a good guy. Luckily my wallet was in my car and he let me run out and get it. I was just going to drive away without my groceries if it wasn't.
The beast is still a beast. She hasn't turned into a princess yet. She somehow broke down the baby gate I had secured her off with today. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
"Ooh child, things are going to get easier..."
6 comments:
I love Dr. Seuss! But I didn't know it was his birthday. Love your stories!
My baby likes to eat everything in sight as well.
It's Texas Independence Day, too - did you celebrate that?
That's hilarious traci
From.Kevin
Thats GREAT that the CEO has offered to write you a recommendation, you have been there long enough he knows how dependable you are. Hope you hear soon from Florida :) Grandma
What fun! I had heard about Dr. Seuss' birthday - I'm very much in the kid world - also I heard just this year about the pronouciation - interesting! Makes me think of a show on PBS - Keeping up Appearances - with Mrs. Bucket (pronouced - Bou-kay) Silly stuff!
Post a Comment