Monday, May 7, 2007

A day off? All to myself?

So it's Monday and for once I am not working. I actually have my day off this week!
I had a great weekend. Mom and Dad stayed with me and Tess while Kev stayed with Bryan, Ola, and Olivier. It was nice getting to see them. I'm not sure when I will see them again.

I had asked for Saturday off for Bryan's graduation, but instead I had Friday off. Don't know what really happened, but I don't think Bryan really cared.

On Friday I was finally able to see Meet the Robinsons. I think this was one of the best kid movies I have seen in a long time. I heard comments that it was scary, but I don't think it was any more so than any other Disney movie. They all have the dark scene (this one really reminded me of "Be Prepared" in Lion King). I think compared to some of the other movies that have come out recently this actually had a better story line and message.

On another note, Lost was GREAT this week. THAT is what Lost is all about. I had to watch it Thursday becaue I have been exhausted all week, and I fell asleep before it even came on.

I just found out that not only will the new RS president be out of town for much of the summer, but they are not even calling an Enrichment counselor until this fall. So, I don't know how this summer is going to go. I am leaning more towards having small groups with whoever wants to come to various activity ideas, instead of planning big meetings when only 10 people or less would be able to come. We shall see. We would get an average of 20 people for our meetings the last year, but the majority of those people won't be here for the summer. I don't know... we shall see... (I think that is the theme of my life right now).

5 comments:

Lori said...

Good theme! Everytime I call you, you don't answe! its good to see you're writing on here so I know your still alive!

Joan said...

How come you have the worries of RS.?
Have I missed something?Big loves

Becky said...

Glad you actually GOT your day off! Thanks for a great weekend and come see us for a quick weekend trip sooooon!

Shersy said...

Great theme for life!

Sarah said...

We do the enrichment groups that people volunteer to be in charge of and then people can go to what they want. We have a playgroup, book club, scrapbooking group, sewing, etc. They're pretty fun!