
I have a new love. His name is Gene Kelly.
I have to say that Becky did fail me (almost) as a mother. She never (NEVER!) showed me the movie Singin' In the Rain. Sure The Sound of Music every weekend, but ever Singin' In the Rain? No! How dare she.
Luckily I watched it for myself the other day. Now, of course, I have heard of Gene Kelly, but goodness... watch him in that movie...
Actual conversation today:
"Spell 'collegiate'."
"What?"
"Collegiate."
"I don't understand, are you saying gent or git?"
"Collegiate."
"Quick speaking a fowwen langwage!!"

6 comments:
Why is it our children never hear us when we speak to them??? I've TOLD you about Singin in the Rain. You probably just refused to watch it. :) Glad you liked it. I think I'll watch it again soon.
I LOVE that movie, too! I also love Roman Holiday - have you seen that one?? My girls were raised on old movies...some they laughed at me and ended up really liking...National Velvet, for instance. I think my boys even liked that one! The Bells of St. Mary's was another one...I will stop now!!
bruno says, I have never watched singing in the rain. I have had the opportunity but I just never watched it. If it is as good a reported maybe we'll get it and watch it. Tim is coming over tonight and he and Lori are going to see Harry Potter. We just might go with them?? I found Lori likes green peppers, so today we are going to have stuffed peppers. I use the boxed Spanish rice any more and don't make my own stuffing any more. It is now going for eleven AM and the two girls are still in bed. when they get up I will make cheese omlets for breakfast. any one want to come over for Breakfast? We are looking forward to coming to the big city. Love ya all.
We really had the handsome actors in our Day... The Turner Classic has been having alot of old time movies.. We watched one tonight with Ginger Rogers and Fred Astire (1938)
I love all the actors mentioned here. My dream was to dance with Gene Kelly and I remember in january of '96 when he died--sad day. I have gotten Jadyn into these movies. It's like an early Sean Connery, just classic and good looking. Gene Kelly will always be my fave! They don't make 'em like that anymore!
How sad is it that you know when he died??? You ARE a fan!!
Post a Comment