So today is day 4 of my 4 day weekend. I have to admit it has been nice. Especially since the weather has been nice for most of it. Tess and I might go to the park today. It's blue sky and cool. I've mostly been cleaning... my dining room is slowly looking better since I have been putting all the stuff that was in there in my storage closet outside.
Tess is acting so funny. She really isn't used to me being around so much. She climbs up into my lap and loves to sit like a baby. I'll try and get a picture of it. She isn't allowed in my bed anymore and she is doing fine sleeping in her own bed.
I was thinking today that I don't know if I have ever recorded what I was doing on 9/11 '01. I was a junior in high school. In my first class of the day (U.S. History) another teacher came running in telling the teacher to turn on the T.V. For the rest of the period we watched the news. We were talking about it when we went to the next period (English). I remember thinking that it was such a bizarre accident. (That really shows how naive I was. It was unthinkable that someone attacked the U.S..) My English teacher did not even mention it. We just had class as usual. After that was Math- I believe Algebra 2. We had a test that day. Maybe 10 minutes into class someone came in with a note for the teacher. I was then told to go to the office. I remember thinking "huh?" The teacher said, "maybe your mom is worried about you." Not to say anything against my mother but I did say something about "no, she wouldn't do that." I went down to the office and there was Mom. She had to pick up Tim for some reason (I don't remember.) and she asked if I wanted to get pulled out. I replied no because I had a test that I needed to finish. (Duh, can we say NERD?) I returned to class, finished the test and class then went to Communications- my last class of the day. We had a substitute that day and ended up just watching the news for the entire period. Our house was very close to the airport and over that day we learned that all planes would be grounded. Of all the years my parents have lived there, those days were the only ones in which the sky was empty. I remember thinking how stupid it would be if they grounded all the planes except Air Force One. Then it would be easy to find out where the President was.
Just some observations I know I won't remember for too much longer.
Tess is growling on my leg (I think dog-mares). I wonder what her bad dreams are of.
5 comments:
As if your mother might CARE about you! Or be CONCERNED about you! :) I also remember how strange it was those next few days to have no planes in the sky. Before then I never thought that was possible.
Hope you've enjoyed some REST over this long weekend!
They couldn't close on the house here, because they had everything closed..Watching on TV it just seemed like a dream..nothing like that could ever happen in America !!!! I pray that nothing ever happens again..
It was a weird day. At school we watched TV for most of the morning. After getting home the TV was on non-stop to hear any more news. It was shocking to repeatedly watch the replays. Hard to believe it was 6 years ago. Sue
Your not a nerd! but that did make me laugh...it's so you! I was also in a test in math when mom called to check on me!
I was visiting teaching - large with child (and cannot flee as the scriptures say :)) - McKay. We watched at the sister's home who we were visiting - so surreal I remember.
Post a Comment