Thursday, September 6, 2007

Finally the dinner story.

I was just rereading through old blogs and realized I never shared the dinner story that happened in H-town while I was there.

We were having chicken pot pies. Now, chicken... I love it in almost all forms--except liquid--but there are peas in Marie Callendar's chicken pot pies. Peas are the worst food in the world. Worst. Hands down. They taste like little balls of throw up. Well, Tess likes food, and as Valerie pointed out to me a few weeks ago (before she left:( for stupid Nebraska) dogs are by nature, scavengers. So, as long as she doesn't eat chocolate or milk (Tess throws milk up) she can eat food. So. I cleaned my plate of the chicken pot pie. And Tess got a special treat.

Lori was sitting next to me and once again correctly noted how her older sister is much more immature than her. She disapproved. Well Lor, that is why you shall marry before I. Maybe we could do a fun 'Taming of the Shrew' thing to get me taken care of...

Tess threw up this morning-mostly a hairball (part cat). Then after our walk she drank too much water (like she usually does) and threw up on my couch... BUT SHE DIDN'T THROW UP FROM THE CHICKEN POT PIE!

Nobody else at the table had any idea where my food really went. Hey, I think all children should be able to feed their dog their yucky peas at least once in their life. Even if they are a grown adult visiting their parents...

2 comments:

Becky said...

WHAT?!?!? You were very clever, I must say - I never suspected! However, I LOVE peas.

Lori said...

Mom didn't suspect but I think Dad did. That was funny!