Thursday, September 6, 2007

911? We need an ambulance!


So. Yesterday I had a few different firsts. The first time I went to the hospital in an ambulance. The first time I was stranded at a hospital. The first time I took a cab back from the hospital.

Now. I wasn't the one admitted at the hospital. A girl fell playing volleyball and hurt her ankle. It ended up being sprained (thankfully) but everyone thought it was fractured. The strangest part was when her father showed up. He is not her guardian or even her permanent home, and when we got back to Meadows I found out he was physically abusive to her in the past. So. A potentially bad situation turned out fine. It was interesting being the one who had to give consent for everything, especially with her dad sitting right there. The worst part was when they walked in and looking at her dad said, "You're Dad?" and then looking at me said "And Mom?" Not a big deal, but the girl was 17! Who in the world could mistake me for the mother of a 17 year old?


I'm off today, unless one of my co-workers' labor develops quick and I take her shift tonight!


Love to all!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Great visual to illustrate your entry! You DO have interesting experiences! So glad you weren't the patient, and also glad the girl wasn't hurt any worse.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cool story. And no, you don't look like you could be the mother of a 17 year old!
Enjoy your day off!
-B