I had a great birthday and a great weekend with Mom. Lori got me the book "Twilight." I finished it in one day then went out and got "New Moon" the next day. I just finished it tonight so I'll be running on my break tomorrow to get "Eclipse." I work a double tomorrow, but I don't think I can make it through Sunday without the book. I'm officially hooked. I knew it was inevitable from everything I have heard, but I was trying to put it off as long as I could. I have done nothing but read, sleep, and work since I got back from the airport Wednesday evening. Even working I finished the last one in 2 days!
I took the quiz, before I read the books, I tested to be like Jasper-that fits okay with me. Then I took it again-Edward. I don't know how I feel about that.
Child for Rent.
10 year old girl. Supposed to be discharged a week from tomorrow. Mom's most recent girlfriend told her she wouldn't be coming home and instead would be moving in with a 24 year-old woman with 5 children (one of which is a newborn). This girl's response is that she will be "helping" with the other kids. My question... no-my anger- why doesn't she get to have a childhood or even people who care for her?
Sure I was babysitting when I was 10, but not cooking, cleaning, and caring for 5 children permanently. It's like Anne of Green Gables- where are Marilla and Matthew?!?
Please keep her in your prayers--- even though I know the Lord is watching out for her she could still use it.
3 comments:
She is in our prayers, which is the only place we can find the peace He promises. Keep the faith, my love. This life is short and He is just!
I'm soo glad you like the book! I'm waiting for mom to come to bring the 3rd from Ola! I love them!
I'll keep her in my prayers too!The thought just came to me that you are a light in those kids lives even though you don't see it now...i'm sure they'll thank you one day for caring about them so much! love ya!
Glad you liked the books! If you want more go to http://stepheniemeyer.com and you'll find there a LOT of extras and outtakes! You can even read the first chapter of the fifth book, which is Twilight through Edward's eyes! Really cool! ;)
Post a Comment