Sunday, November 18, 2007

It's so thick it's mud now.

In response to Grandpa's comment, no, do not expect anybody to be coming with me for Thanksgiving. I won't even have Tess.

So, church was fine-great actually today. Very enjoyable. (yes, I did make myself presentable...I didn't have time to ugly myself up.) So I carefully avoided a specific individual and as I was leaving the building at the end of the meetings I was quite proud of myself (and walking quite quickly). Suddenly, "Traci!"
Nooooooo!
He left priesthood early AGAIN to catch me. Either I need to change into my tennies during the closing song in relief society or I need to start parking in the back. I don't mind talking to people. I do mind them getting the wrong idea.

My dog is looking fat. and she ate my popsicle this morning. but she works as a heating pad when I need one at night.

Quick comment. I absolutely adore the Disney movie "Meet the Robinsons." I bought it when it came out a few weeks ago and I have been listening to one of the songs from the soundtrack. It just really impressed me compared to some of the other animated movies that have come out in recent years.

Movies to see: Fred Claus, Martian Child (boy?), Baiowulf (not Beowulf)... joke from "The Soup", actually I don't have a strong desire to see that movie-I read the book and I think the movie looks like a cartoon, ENCHANTED (really excited to see this one), August Rush (the only must-see, I love Freddie Highmore and he has an American accent in this one!), and I am sure there are others but I can't think of them right now. Why are there no good action movies this Thanksgiving? maybe there are but the television (and hence previews) I see are all Disney, Nickelodeon, and Cartoon Network (because of the kids! not my choice usually)

So I work tomorrow day, tuesday day, then wednesday evening. Meaning I get home from work between 11:45 and midnight, then I have to leave for the airport by 3:30 Thursday morning to make my 6:00 flight, which takes me east before it takes me west. I'm thinking I should have just got a flight out of cinicinnati-it takes like 2 hours to drive over there, as opposed to the 4-5 hours I will be spending flying out there then my layover, then flying back over the state of Indiana- I've never been to Ohio.

So, the hug story from yesterday. I usually don't hug the kids-yes, that sounds harsh, but 80% of the kids are there at least partly for sexual reasons. I don't want to hug one kid but refuse another. Anyway, that is why I hesitated when she asked me if she could hug me yesterday but she was Dr. Jekyll at that moment and I was just so relieved she wasn't tattling on someone.

I have another girl who is 12 and interesting. (I was going to say she is the craziest I have ever worked with, but that is not true. There are many vying for that position.) So, she has been having some strange ticks the last few weeks so we took her off all her meds except one. I support Tom Cruise only in his movie roles- but he does have a point about medication-it is overused. I disagree with him because I KNOW it is needed, but just not as much as it is.
Anyway, it has been a rough week with this girl. One day she spent the entire day (7am-4pm) sleeping on the floor in the hallway-didn't eat or anything. But Friday she had a wonderful day. Amazing really. So she was on level for Saturday. That morning my co-worker and I were drinking hot chocolate and she mentioned that she wished she could have some. We said to her if she made the next level (it takes only 5 days but she has never made it more than 1 day on the first level) we would bring her some hot chocolate. She shocked us by replying "okay!" She has NEVER in 8 months made any mention of wanting/trying/attempting to make this next level. She was excellent yesterday and kept her level again. So as of this morning she was on day 2-I really hope she keeps it.

So when you get frustrated don't think about the eneuretic girl already wet when you wake her up at 10:00 in the evening. Think of her asking you if she can give you a hug.

2 comments:

Joan said...

What does this guy work at? besides getting a date with you. Is he a student? Where is he from? What is he studying? besides you that is. Is he a democrat or a republican? If he is a democrat is he for Hillary? What kind of a car does he drive? Se there are lots of conversation subjects you could have. Love yw sweetheart, Bruno

Becky said...

Me thinks thou dust protest too much! :)
Glad you had a good day, love!