Wednesday, December 19, 2007

An uphill battle

At work I wasn't having a great day. I felt like I was pushing a heavy cart up a very steep hill. Then some people (supposedly on the same side as me) start pushing the cart down hill against me. Then some of them jump in and insult me while others are still pushing downhill.
Then my mommy steps in and she pointed out to me I don't have to get the cart to the top... I just have to watch it and make sure no one destroys it. Have I said I love my Mom and her insight.
She thought I was getting mad at her, but I was trying to find cookie cutters. I was really impressed (as I often am) at the way she was able to clear up my troubled life so easily.
I decided to make sugar cookies and I used Sheridan's cream cheese recipe. It was really good... I will have to take them to work because it wouldn't be healthy for Tess to eat that many cookies.
In school the kids were given this prompt for a journal assignment. "If I were a snowperson I would be..."
Today I was reading some of the results and it was interesting. Several of them wrote comments about how they would melt but then they would come back. One kid wrote, "I would be normal" but one of the best was one girl's. The first line "I would be a snow demon." Last line "I have many enemies." I will let you fill in the rest. Very interesting...

I hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

Becky said...

About that girl's essay: That's why you call it a HOSPITAL where you work! I love you sweetie! You're doing a good work!

Becky said...

Just watched the videos on the sidebar. FUNNY! I laughed out loud.

GrannySharon said...

I LOVE reading your blog, Traci! Some days I just need to kick back and laugh and enjoy your humor.(I really mean that in a GOOD way!!).