Tuesday, January 8, 2008

100, again.

It's a fine line.

Last week I was able to sit in on a discussion with the sister missionaries and an investigator. It was the first time I had ever been to one. I was excited and had a good time, but after talking to the missionaries after the discussion I realized how strange it was. The girl seemed to be looking for information to write an article or something. We would be discussing something and she would go, "yeah, okay, can I read this paragraph?" Apparently she wasn't like that the last time they met with her. I am going to another discussion later this week with a different girl.

So, to the fine line. At work they have had multiple meetings about the child unit, and today I realized the meetings are starting to lean more towards meetings about the staff rather than the unit. So. We need to let the children talk in the halls and they don't need to stay arms' length from eachother. However, don't let them get too loud or too close.
so.... the fine line.... talk, but not too much, walk, but not too close.
I worked adolescents today and let me tell you. I was just fine with that.

I did hear from a co-worker that the kids were lounging around at lunch (including one sticking his feet up on the table). However, we are not to 'bark orders at them,' aka redirect. We want to give them a chance (aka: we want it to look like the kids are being appropriate so we can release them with a high success rate, even though they will be unable to function in the outside world... but hey! then they will come back and we get paid even more money again!)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Glad you don't have TOO strong of feelings about the situation! :) Glad you've decided 'when is enough' and can lok forward to moving on! LY