Sunday, January 20, 2008

And now, the end is near...

It's been a busy little bit. Work is hectic as usual.
Today at church I was thinking about the next few months. They handed out a lesson schedule that goes through the end of April. I was thinking... wow that's right before I will be leaving here. Then I thought a bit more and realized that the beginning of April is really the end of my stay here. I will be going to Houston for a few weeks in April and maybe somewhere else for a week or so. Then I will return here and pack then move! I'm done with Indiana... time to move on.
Today at church Bro. Hardy asked me to speak in church. He gave me my choice of several topics and I decided on mental health, stress, and spiritual health. I will be speaking February 17 for anyone in town! He once said something to me about a year ago about speaking, but never asked me. I am actually excited. I don't have a big problem with public speaking. Now I have jinxed myself.

My dad's a good guy and he sure can make me laugh. I am sorry though Dad. I shouldn't have laughed about the computer. It was just really funny the way you said it.

I think I met Scrooge. Who else would travel to the ends of the earth to save $200 on a truck? Seriously I think it was the egde of the wilderness... so far...

Work is much more enjoyable working with the adolescents.
a kid at work: I lost 200 lbs. in 2 years
me: no, I don't think you did
him: yes I did. I weighed 165 lbs.
me (with a smirk on my face): and you lost 200 lbs.
him: yeah, wait no. I wighed 365 lbs. I'll show you a picture
(shows me a picture in which he looked shorter than he is now and maybe 180 lbs.)
me: you did not weigh 365 lbs.
the conversation went on for a few minutes... it was funny

Apparently, while holy water works on some heathens, milk is used to remove evil spirits from mental health technicians.
This kid was acting out on Thursday all day and we realized later he would sing the song "My God is an Awesome God" just before doing something bad. One of which was throwing milk on me and a co-worker. Oh yeah, and punching me in the face.

By the way Mom. I really hope I don't look the same as in that picture...

1 comment:

tammy 2-2 said...

all these years you've been a daughter of your father and you didn't realize he's Scrooge? Your Uncle Terry is actually much worse. Or maybe that's me.