I loved this movie. It was not my favorite movie ever, but quite possibly one of the best movies I have ever seen. Does that make sense? It does to me.
Now, if you got sick to your stomach watching "The Bourne Ultimatum" do not go see this movie-or sit in the very back. The entire movie is filmed with a handheld camera. It is made like a home movie. There are parts where the camera is set on the floor so you only see feet, or the characters are talking to eachother without paying attention to the camera so it shows only the bottom half of a person's face.
Very intense movie. This is different than any movie I have ever seen before (I guess it is kind of like "The Blair Witch Project" but I never saw that).
Through the whole movie I kept thinking about the shoes. Seriously, check out the heels the one girl is in and the boots another girl is in.
The guy I went with didn't understand the clips throughout it. This whole thing was taped over another home video from one of the characters, so at times it gets confusing, because every once in awhile you see what was on the tape before.
I liked it. I think a lot of people won't like it, but I thought it was great. Someone made the comment to people complaining about the filming that without the handheld camera it would be like the movie Titanic without a sinking ship. It made the story because it was the story.
It's J.J. Abrams so it's weird like "Lost" so beware.
4 comments:
I have not seen the movie and from your description I am not certain that I would want to. How could you follow the plot or was there a plot? Hey Trace, we have a lot of snow here and over the next ten days there are five storms headed our way. We will send them on to you. Love you gal.
Thanks for the review! I'm thinking I might avoid it as I did feel queasy during the Bourne movies. Have a greatday!
Sounds too wierd for me. But then, it doesn't take much for me. :)
Glad you enjoyed it!
Spence went last Friday and reported to me it is NOT one I should see...thank you, Spence!1 I do not do well with intense scary movies or spider/aliens crawling through a dark tunnel with me!! I am glad there are enough people in this world to make interesting movies for all of us!!
Post a Comment