Saturday, May 10, 2008

Questions and thoughts

1. Is it an acquired skill to say "thank you" in Portuguese with the correct tongue roll? I know how to say it, I just can't.
2. I like wearing scrubs, but I look forward to the day when I can wear "pretty clothes" every day.
3. Why do people always make negative comments on my career goal? "How could anyone want to work with dying kids. That would be so hard." Why can't I try and make the living time they have enjoyable instead of scary? Another thing- I don't know why this bothers me. I thought about this for a long time on my drive. People view me as negative, yet I don't have these negative thoughts.
4. I LOVE to be cool. Not cold. I turn my AC on so I can sit in my living curled up in a blanket reading or watching TV. I like cuddling with the dog but she forces me to turn the air even cooler-she is a very effective heating pad and she has separation anxiety.
5. Vanessa Huxtable had it tough. I should know- she always comes across whiney, but I can sympathize with her-Rudy/Lori.
6. Citrus, melon, berries. What other "types" of fruit are there? Where does apple fit in?
7. I love walking in big cities in evening. I'm thinking of moonlighting as a stalker.
8. Cats are creepy. And annoying.
9. I feel very passionate about my Corolla (I use the word love too loosely). 39 miles/gallon... beat that. I do feel a pang of longing whenever I see a Sportage, though.
10. Do tall people have to bend their legs when they sleep or do their feet just hang off the end? This is really bugging me. My bed must be abnormally short- tall people would otherwise be miserable. I really hate when I can feel the end of the bed with my toes. I would rather hit my head against the wall (scooting up, not purposely in frustration) than have any inkling that my toes are reaching the end of the bed.
11. Bugs Bunny is a jerk. Mickey doesn't treat his friends that way.
12. Tess has nightmares. It's funny to watch, but I wish I knew what they were about. Also, she snores.
13. I talk in my sleep. I can never shut up. I've woken myself up talking too loud.
*I think this will be a new feature on my blog-blogging you know. I do love to talk*

4 comments:

Becky said...

Very interesting thoughts. Too few of us think things through to this depth. On #5 do you mean CAN sympathize? :)

Joan said...

Thank you for sharing !!! Its always
nice to have some quite time to yourself...As for your career choice
you were made by our Heavenly Father
for just this purpose, to help those little ones. You will be FANTASTIC...
I do love you very much. Grandma

Traci said...

Thanks Mom. I fixed it. That was what I meant.

Lori said...

Maybe if you didn't sleep with so many pillows you would fit on your bed :)