Saturday, May 10, 2008

Back home

I got home around 1:30 Wednesday morning. I just decided to keep driving and didn't get tired enough to stop. I was even awake for awhile after I got home. The drive was kinda nice, I even took a different way than I usually do.
I slept late that day then went into work. I needed to get some shifts scheduled and I needed to talk to the HR rep to get things started on my transfer to Philly. When I got there I was told the woman who does scheduling wasn't there and they weren't sure if she would be back the next day (and she had been out for a few days). So I decided I would go talk to the HR person hoping she would make the time to help me. Well, then I was informed she had quit and her last day was Friday- so there went my hope of her finding time to help me. As of yet I don't think the position has been filled-so I don't know what is going on.
I also stopped and picked up Stephenie Meyer's most recent book. It was alright, but I liked her others better. I was up late the last 3 nights reading that. I guess I like reading in the evening too much- so much that it goes into early morning. I finished it last night/this morning. Now, I have to find another book to read.

I love to read...

Tess is finally used to sleeping in her own bed. She slept with either me or Kevin while we were in Texas, but she is back on the floor now.
My first night (morning) back I was laying in bed and I stretched out. My toes reached the end of the bed. I hate this. So much. The bed was longer in Texas, but I started laughing because I was sooo happy to be home.

About a year and a half ago Mom was here for a visit (and because Olivier was born). During that time I found out I had an interview for my current job. Mom tends to leave me notes (on the nightstand, fridge, desk, books she buys, bathroom mirror). Well, this time, she wrote me a note that says "Good Luck. I love you." I left it on my bathroom mirror and have not really thought about consciously until Thursday night. I had my Lia Sophia party (which went okay, thank you for asking), and one person asked if she could look in my bathroom mirror at some jewelry she tried on. I said sure-I keep my bathroom clean enough. After everyone left I was getting ready for bed and noticed the note. I started laughing hysterically because I thought of how it might look. I live alone and there is a note on my mirror. I do leave notes for myself ("pay your rent stupid" and "don't forget enrichment") and the like. I do not leave notes or messages for myself telling me how much I love me. HILARIOUS. I still think it is funny. Maybe I should start doing that.

It's good to be home, but apparently I really need to find a man before I go even more crazy, right?...

2 comments:

Becky said...

That's funny. You gave me a good laugh. I'm going to order some ear rings from your party, so have a pen ready next time we talk! (I STILL love you!)

Joan said...

YES Right!!!! you do need to find a GOOD MAN..and there is one just right
for you out there... Keep your eyes OPEN WIDE>>> Love Ya Grandma

PS: thats so funny about the note on your mirror....