Monday, August 18, 2008

All By Myself (that sad song.... comeon sing it)

After my realization that 22 is too old for an imaginary friend I slowly came to another realization.

Tess is a dog. Not a human. She does not talk back. Or even really care when I talk to her. I was staring at her when I suddenly realized this. She pees on the floor and dumps her food bowl over so she can eat off the same pee stained floor. She doesn't need me to tell her "I love you," when I leave the house. Or even ask, "How was your day?" when I get home. The only reason she comes to sit next to me when I am crying or ranting is because she somehow senses (not thinks-she's a dog) that I am emotional enough to start scratching behind her ears.

As Mom told me apparently I do need a roommate. However, with a roommate I wouldn't be able to walk/sit around in a towel or leave the bathroom door open. I don't care that my rent could be cut in half. I like watching TV in a towel after my shower. I don't like robes.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I come here when I need a good laugh. You're so funny! And I love you!

tammy 2-2 said...

With a husband, you could still do all of those things, and he'd probably like it, too!