Friday, August 8, 2008

I heart New York

I still like New York, but it's not as much a tourist attraction anymore for me.

We left about 7:30 to catch a train into downtown Philly. Then we took a train to Trenton (NJ). Then we caught another train that took us to Penn Station in NYC. We (Lori and I) both wanted to go to Madame Tussauds. We had both actually been there before, but it was the one thing that I really wanted to do. So we went. It really is a fun place. I was waiting for Lori while she was in the bathroom and I tried sitting really still to see if anyone would try to take my picture. This one freaked me out though.

Of course I had to get one with this guy.
When I went to New York the last time (5 years ago) I took a picture in this same spot. Only, that time I wasn't touching him that time because I didn't think you were allowed.

I was disappointed that Gene Kelly wasn't there. On that note though, did you know he was in the North and South mini series? Just a little tiny part. Bent's father.

We wandered around Time's Square then went up to Central Park and saw this guy.
He didn't hold still for very long, but it was fun watching him.

We went down to the Statue of Liberty. I had been out to it twice before, but Lori had never been out to Liberty Island. We didn't have time to go to Ellis Island, but we still had fun.

Finally we were able to catch the train back home (just barely). Lori didn't like my annoying and immature behavior when I got exhausted, but she made do.

3 comments:

tammy 2-2 said...

Sharon looks fake, but I though Ozzy was real! Freaked me out!

Becky said...

That's 'cus Olly always looks fake!
Anyway - these are great pictures! Looks like my girls are doing well in both big cities! So glad you can have this time together.

Ash Kelley said...

looks like soo much fun!!