Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm freaking out here

I love Philadelphia. The town is great, the people are great, and I am starting to actually know my way around. Today I even went to the post office!

My apartment is slowly coming together. Slowly.

I finally got my internet and cable set up. That was a very long story and I haven't gotten over it yet, so I can't talk about it until I find it funny. However, my internet is not working very well. I am extremely computer illiterate.

I plan on getting another computer very, very soon.

I am really excited about the branch here. My branch in Bloomington was fine and there were nice people there, but I wasn't a huge fan. Here, I've only gone 2 weeks and I already love it. It might be something to do with the fact that my last branch president avoided me (would look right at me, pause and talk to people standing with me, but never said a word to me) for the last 9+ months. The branch president here has already taken the time to pull me aside and talk to me twice (count 'em twice). It's nice to have people talk to me and not ignore me. A big plus was moving here early before most students get here.

Calling Friends tomorrow about the job. My computer wasn't working so I couldn't get my resume off of it until yesterday. Thanks to Dad for faxing it for me!

I have lived in this apartment building for 2 weeks tomorrow, but I still haven't found the right way to come in with Tess. Today I was wandering around both inside and outside the building trying to find my way and I suddenly realized the doorman was staring at me. So I hurried away. And I wandered around inside where he could watch me on the security cameras.
I still never really found my way around.

3 comments:

Ash Kelley said...

so no dogs allowed? or you couldn't find the door? I'm confused. (i know, i know, not the first time. but still don't get it)

Becky said...

Sounds like you're doing great! You know, the doorman probably wouldn't bite. You COULD have asked him some queestions! :)
Keep up the good work!

tammy 2-2 said...

Your branch president sounds more aware of his job than the last one! Beware of the "fresh blood" syndrome. . .you may be getting a calling VERY soon! We hadn't been in our ward in St.George a month when they asked me to be a den mother for Cubs. I was still pregnant with Cameron and told the 2nd counselor I wasn't interested in scouts until my son was in scouts. I said I would be happy, then. Well, we were here in Thatcher by the time Cameron was in scouts, but the Lord held me to my promise. Within a month I was in scouts and 5 years later, I'm still in scouts!