So, I was finally back to work today. I had orientation for my new job.
I have a really good pay here and I found out that if I work a double shift (which I was planning anyway) I get time and a half for the second shift!
So, this morning I decided to wear scrubs. Just figured that would be best. So I get in the elevator and went down a few floors. Then the door opened and a woman got on with her two little girls. The older girl whispered something in her mom's ear. I just smiled. Then the other girl says, "What did she say?" At that moment the doors opened and some other people got on, so when the older sister tried to whisper in her ear, she couldn't hear. So her mom says, "She said, 'She looks like a doctor.'" I smiled and floated on that cloud for awhile. I was thinking about how strange it is to be one of the grown-ups I used to see. Then I got to thinking that sheesh, moms really do embarrass their kids. I mean obviously she didn't want me to hear. I don't think the girl was too upset though.
Orientation went fine. Boring for the most part. I worked for the same corporation before, so I knew all of the procedures and compliance stuff and such. The only difference was we got a brief tour of the hospital. It's gonna be pretty much the same as Meadows.
I finished one of the three books I was reading. This seldom happens-as in reading more than one book at a time. I am next working on To Kill a Mockingbird. Then a new book called The Shack. I probably will get through both of these before I start school next week, and then I don't know when I will have time to read another book. Maybe Christmastime.
3 comments:
sounds like a good first day. nobody attacking you with a phone receiver or threating your life. off to a good start!
So glad that your day went well.. YOU must have looked very authentic:)
Hope you don't get stabbed this time! I think you'll like To Kill a Mockingbird. I didn't read it until I was in my 40's. Should have read it sooner!
Post a Comment