Sheesh. After months of not working I am tired! Only 2 days down. Today I sat through another full day of learning stuff I already know how to do. I do have to say that Brooke Glen is better than Meadows as far as training goes though. Tomorrow I have to train again in something I am already certified in. At least they aren't making me do CPR on Thursday.
I signed up for my orientation shifts on the unit. They are only making me do three luckily. I will do day shift Thursday, evening Friday, and day Monday. They wouldn't let me do double shifts or weekend shifts for orientation. I was hoping to do a double Thursday, then another shift Friday and then start for real on Saturday. Oh well.
Here they are stricter on some things, but looser on some things. They don't let the girls have hair ties here. I think that is a little extreme. We had residential patients at Meadows and we let them have hair ties. At least one or two at a time. But they say here, a person would kill themselves with hair ties. However, they leave plastic silverware out for patients to get on their own. I think a person is more likely to cut themself with broken plastic than hang themself with hair ties. Oh well. Should be interesting.
They didn't tell us how long training is going to last tomorrow, so I will be missing orientation-which I didn't want to go to anyway. So, it all works out.
There is a high school across the highway from my apartment. About the same distance as my last apartment was from another high school. I forgot how annoying the fall is when they have marching band practice all afternoon. They have not stopped with the drums for four hours now. Come on kiddies. Pack up and go home to your mommas and your daddys.
I keep trying to get ahold of my parents through text message, but I think they are ignoring me.
I bet if I was Lori I could get ahold of you.
4 comments:
Ouch! You didn't really mean that last comment, did you?
YOU NEED SOME EAR PLUGS :)
I'll have you know I'm not getting any messages at the moment! I ALWAYS answer your messages! Because I love you!
Anyway, good to read about your day. I'm sorry you'll be missing your orientation. Sometimes those are important, too!
Enough exclamation points.
I'll try to call when I get some phone access. Dad and Bryan have been sitting in a gas line for 14 hours now.
Enjoy the band!
Post a Comment