Thursday, November 13, 2008

11 or 12 years too late

So. When I was 11 I didn't do the "typical" things 11 year old girls do. Of course I was moody and awful, but I really didn't enjoy talking on the phone mindlessly for hours. Well. I guess I suppressed it long enough.
I have fallen in love with a book called Twilight. And, in case you haven't heard, they made a movie and it comes out next week. One of the stars of the show was doing a signing just outside of Philadelphia, but Lori encouraged me to skip it and go to my graduate classes instead. Whatever, priorities. Well. They talked about it on the news a little tonight (we won't mention some of the other news stories, but hey, I feel for you Chinatown). So they are talking about all the teenage girls. Then they say "even..."and I am expecting "some adults." But no. They said, "pre-teeners." Boy, I am so glad I can live like a giddy preteen and my dog is the only witness.
Sheesh. I hate this. I wish I didn't love it. Believe me, it's not the first thing I wished I didn't love... (take your guesses). Anyway. At least I don't like the dark, "goth" look to the movie. Or the pictures some people have drawn of the characters that I have seen. They make the characters look emaciated. I don't really like that. Anyway, I am done talking about pretend vampires imagined up for 12 year olds.
I will go see the movie. However, I will also go see 007. Truth be told, if I had to pick one or the other I think I would honestly pick 007. I really don't think the movie will do justice to my preteen imagination.

And done.

I also like David Archuleta, Chris Brown, and Jesse McCartney. They are my guilty pleasures. And Full House-sometimes. By the way, did you see Jesse McCartney on SVU?-weirdo! And Michelle Tanner on some ABC show that I only caught a glimpse of her all grown up and only one person.
I wish I was all grown up.
I'm going to bed. I don't have a stuffed animal, but I do hold my pillow like one.
Sheesh. Why am I barring my soul? Or is it baring? I'm too tired to look it up on dictionary.com
I think the first one is right. Oh, well. Blame it on dyslexia. (Yes. I know that excluding letters is not dyslexia-shut up.)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

She was on Samantha Who? I saw that one! And Jesse is one of my faves! I'm not sure if I am going to Twilight because I think it'll ruin it for me.

I noticed Ollie's shirt on your mom's blog...wonder where he got that? ;)

Regan said...

Wanna' hear something great? My RS announced and passed out a flyer last Sunday for all the sisters to get together for the first midnight showing of Twilight. Sounds like a great Enrichment activity, no? And the RS President was shocked and offended that a few of us questioned the appropriateness of that decision.

Traci said...

I am the enrichment counselor in our RS and our November activity is actually going to see the movie. (It is a YSA branch though). Unfortunately I won't be in town, so I will just have to see it in H-town

tammy 2-2 said...

It's only one "r". I'm so glad I'm not into that vampire stuff. It's been quite the sensation amongst my 30 and 40 something friends, but I and a good friend (she's an english instructor at the college so she knows the difference between good literature and bad literature -- the only "good literature" vampire story was the original. Go Bram Stoker!) have avoided it like the plague and enjoy making fun of our other friends. But enjoy your guilty pleasures, you only live once (unless you're 007 and then you can "only live twice)

Regan said...

I knew there had to be other wards! Funny.