Thursday, November 6, 2008

The dang dyslexia had struck again!

I got my first parking ticket yesterday. At the train station you punch in the number of the space you parked in and then pay a dollar. Well, I parked in 132, but I punched in 123. Sheesh. So I got a ticket because no one paid for the spot I parked in, but 123 got paid for twice. Silly, silly. It's not the first time my dyslexia has messed me up, but it is the first time I had to actually pay money for it.

So I have been watching Arrested Development from Netflix. That show is hilarious. Haha, Justine Bateman is playing his "maybe" sister. That's funny.
Anyway. Tess bit me the other day. I was just on the verge of sleep when all the sudden the fire alarm in the hallway went off. It was about 1:00 in the morning. So, Tess freaked out. And wouldn't stop barking. And then she climbed under the bed. Even after it stopped she still barked. So I got out of bed to check on her. I was trying to coax her out, but she took it as a threat so she snapped at me. Luckily it didn't break the skin. So she slept with the muzzle on.

"I bought you a wedding ring...tone"

So, I have to go into work for a meeting tomorrow because of crap that happened last week. I'm not excited. They say I am not in trouble, but we'll see what happens.

So, last night I had some weird dreams. In my dream I was in a huge fight with Tim. So I had to email him this morning to make sure we weren't really fighting. Also, I had a dream that my car broke down. So, when I got out of my car this morning at the train station and it started rolling backward and the key wouldn't come out I freaked out. I even had the e-brake on. Well, go figure, you have to put the car in park or you can't take the keys out. Sheesh. I'm some dummy. And I have dyslexia.

4 comments:

Joan said...

Traci old kid, I just can't imagine you freaking out on anything. The bus still runs from the back of our house up the hill to the U.
This has turned into one cold country, and I mean cold. Joan had to put an extra blanket on the bed. The Dr. gave me a clean bill of health and said I could get the other knee worked on, Big Deal. The Dr. did say they would correct your grandmother's wrist when we get back from Texas. Well sweetheart we will see you in a few weeks. Love you Traci, Bruno.

tammy 2-2 said...

Hey, I have number dyslexia, too. And color dyslexia. Whenever I want to say yellow, I say red, and vice versa. Weird. Maybe you should take Gene's offer and go to the U of U. Or Texas, or somewhere that you have more support. That first year teaching in Palm Desert was awful and would have been unbearable if I couldn't have come up to your house ever weekend. 5 hour roundtrip every weekend. But it was a lifesaver!

Anonymous said...

i prefer to do my fightin' in the dream world...that way i always win ;) I got a parking ticket earlier this semester too, but it turned out my bishop was the parking enforcement officer so I got off easy- see kids, paying your tithing does have benefits

Becky said...

Live in the moment, girl! Or you'll end up like me - forgetting what I just heard 'cuz I didn't really hear it in the first place!
Good luck with everything today!