Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Don't really know what's going on.

Man. I am ready for April to be done. Any one else?!? Sheesh. It's like the never ending month. A lot has happened and I can't believe it has only been in just this month. Sheesh. Again.
I am ready for April to be done. Seriously. I am mad at April. Usually I love it. But no. Not this time. Finish already!!!!
I really hope May goes by fast. I can't do this again.
I am really feeling off. Aside from hating April I am not feeling so hot. Yesterday I barely made it home in one piece. And I left school earlier than I planned. Well, I go home and immediately lay down on the bed. And I didn't exactly sleep at first, but I wasn't able to much else either.
Then, last night I was trying to fall asleep. I didn't think I would have a problem because I didn't really sleep that much in the afternoon. But I had so much crap on my mind. I couldn't turn my brain off. Whenever I tried relaxing something else would come into my mind. Driving me crazy. And it was so hot. I had the cool air on, but I kept it on low because I know it will get hotter and it would be dreadful to have nowhere to go that was colder. So. I suffered. Man. It was bad. Then I kept waking up- ALL NIGHT LONG. Seriously. I don't think I got more than 2 hours of sleep total. And on top of that it was in tiny little bits. So it wasn't even very restful. I considered calling in sick today- I only have some meetings, but decided I needed to come downtown. So. My first meeting went fine, but I am having a hard time making it to the next one. It isn't for 2 1/2 hours and I am trying to work on other things that need to get done, but the stupid formatting keeps messing up and I just don't have the patience for the needs assessment right now. Then, I have a case conceptualization paper that I need to do. I started on it yesterday, but I can't remember most of the facts of the case I am using- it's been over a year since I've seen the patient- so I am to the point where I am going to start making things up. Then, yesterday I was working on the genogram- but even that is too complicated. The patient was adopted and had three older siblings- who weren't adopted. But her mom's husband wasn't in the picture at all so I don't know how to do that. Also, she was still in somewhat contact with her birth mother and I don't know how to do that with her adoptive mother. Sheesh. That was supposed to be the easy part.
Alright. I'm off to do some diagnoses. Or bang my head against the wall. Pretty much the same thing. With the same results.
Yuck.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Your frustration with the month must be due to the fact that WE visited during the month! I have had a wonderful month - wish I could share some of the goodness with you...
Hang in, May starts on Friday.

Traci said...

No. That was a highlight. But it does feel like forever ago.

Ash Kelley said...

wow. right when i thought i was overwhelmed. holy crap. i want april to end for you.

tammy 2-2 said...

wow, the post before was great. this one sucked. sorry and I know what you mean. this has been the longest week of the semester. and it's only wednesday. hope you feel better.