Running has been going okay. I am still un-be-lieve-ab-ly slow, but it is coming. Tonight I ran 2 miles.
My legs are getting pretty sore. I think if I keep pushing then things will be good. Gotta strengthen the legs.
I decided to sign up for an 8K in November. The Philadelphia marathon is November 22. As much as I would LOVE to do the half marathon then, I just don't think I will be there. I am just off the couch from being a couch potato. Just barely. But, an 8K will be good. It's just about 5 miles. So- three months- 5 miles. I'm pretty excited.
I love running in the rain. I sweat so much and so the rain feels good. It wasn't raining today, but I was soaked when I got home. Pretty disgusting. But deal with it.
Up until today Tess was running with me. She goes soooo slow. Go figure, me thinking the dog is slow. She prefers to walk or trot, but not run. Yesterday I gave her one last chance to run with me. But she failed. And when I get looks from people driving by dragging my dog behind me...
I used to be one of those people in my car looking at people while they ran. Now I am one of those people being looked at.
My shins hurt.
4 comments:
Good for you--Keep it up.... Just be sure to work the kinks out when you finish running.... Just look at your Grandmother telling you what to do !!
Ha Ha Big loves
My friend has been training for the marathon here and has a schedule she got from other trainers. She really likes it and has always been a runner. But she thinks the one she has now is the best.
Keep it going. I am NOT a runner. The Wii is the closest I get.
I was wondering why you didn't take Tess with you...now I know. She is still in the couch potato mode.
I still beliee I'm not too old to change and become a runner... Maybe it could happen...
So proud of you!
Post a Comment