Monday, February 15, 2010

It's only been almost 4 months...

Take a deep breath, I am updating my blog.
*GASP!!*
So, things have been going along steadily. Goods and bads.
A few days after my last post I got a phone call one morning. Actually, I got several phone calls, but I wasn't in the mood to answer. So when I finally got a message and returned one of the calls I was informed that my branch president had passed away. He had been in a motorcycle accident. It was a horrible shock for everyone, but we are still slowly trying to get back to normal. Although, something I have learned is that when something like this happens, you don't go back to normal. You go to something different.
A few weeks after that I had my first Thanksgiving alone. I have spent Christmas alone before, but this was my first Thanksgiving. Tess and I had a fabulous dinner (not that tasty, but still fabulous).
Christmas was spent in H-town, which was fun. New Year's was back in Philly spent with friends. Then back to school.
Right before I left for Christmas we had a huge snow storm here in Philly. We got about 2 feet of snow. It was crazy! But then came February. Last week we had two separate storms. The first resulted in about 28.5 inches, and the second, which I didn't think would be that big, resulted in about 20 inches at my house. Crazy! So, the snow is piled ridiculously high (higher than my head in many places), and there is more snow predicted tonight. Then another storm for this weekend. CRAZY!
School is going well. I really wasn't sure what to expect from my classes this term (especially since I wasn't able to get into the one class I was really looking forward to), but I have really enjoyed them. I am taking an adult psychopathology class- not my particular interest area, but still very interesting, and a history of psychology class. Now, that sounds boring, right? Well, it's not. The professor (who I have taken a class from before) is a great lecturer and really enjoys discussions in his class. He tries to anger people sometimes to get them to argue with him. It is a lot of fun, especially since it is a history of psychology, philosophy, and theology. On the week we were discussing Jesus and His effect on the current Western world I just happened to be wearing my BYU sweatshirt. I had to laugh, because this professor was raised religious, but is not anymore. So, he thinks he understands the Bible and all religions and feels he can rightfully make arguments against them. It sure is interesting, but I actually really enjoy it. I love the conflict trying to be settled between religious individuals and scientists.
Anywho. LOST IS BACK! I love it so far. Kinda. I was at a friend's house for the 2 hour premier. It was a lot of fun watching with people, but I think I prefer to watch it alone. I don't miss anything that way.... But the episode last week wasn't that great. It was called "What Kate Does." Well, for those of you who watch Lost you know that the only thing Kate does is annoy people. And I guess she tracks. Or so she says.
I love it! It was a pretty boring episode. Reminded me of Charlie episodes ("your flashbacks are soooo boring"). Anywho, this week should be a whole lot better. We get Richard and Smoke Monster Locke aka Mocke aka Flocke aka (and my favorite) Locke-a-like. And the best nickname for new Claire is not Feral Clarie. It is Clusseau. Hahahaha. I love it! Crazy Australian Chick.
Okey dokey yo. I'm off to attempt something productive.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Glad to see you back! Now I have an excuse and a good reason to come on here to listen to the music!!

Traci said...

Didn't you have a good reason before? (To come look at pictures of me and read my ramblings no matter how old they are?)