This is a picture I took a few days ago of Tess. If I put her food in a bowl she will knock over the bowl so the food is all over the floor. So, now I just pour the food directly on the floor. When she is out of water and thirsty she will scratch at the bowl loudly, then stand in it, like she is doing here. I don't know why her eyes turned out this way, but apparently this is what happens when she gets thirsty.
A few weeks ago a friend of mine suggested we go down to D.C. for the Cherry Blossom Festival. Her husband is in dental school and has finals this next week, so she needed to get out of the house, somewhere where she would be allowed to make noise. So, we, along with another girl, whose husband also has finals this week, headed down for the day Saturday.
Here is the national monument behind some crap apple trees.
After wandering around for a while and not finding the advertised 2,000 cherry blossoms, we learned that there had been a storm a few days before, wiping out most of the cherry blossoms. But we did find a few, and THEY WERE GORGEOUS!
This is my friend Angela, showing her anger and disappointment at the lack of cherry blossoms.
After that we decided to go to the National Zoo. It is owned by the Smithsonian, and all the Smithsonian museums in D.C. are free. So we headed up there and unfortunately very few animals decided they wanted to be seen. The zoo was so crowded that the few exhibits where you could see animals, were totally crowded, so we couldn't get in to see the animals. Although, we did see a gorilla enjoying an afternoon snack- his own feces.
The parents of this kid really wanted a cute picture, but he kept crying- especially when they lifted him up to kinda stand on its head. When I went up to get a picture, I discovered why he was crying. The statue was quite hot on bare skin!
So, we started making a game out of all the disappointing signs.
This last sign was the best of all of them...
Luckily, the weather was gorgeous and we crack each other up, so we had a GREAT time. It was a long day, but so much fun!
This trunk was on the bank of the Potamac. The sign talks about how it is 80-90 years old and it was damaged in the blizzard of February 2010. We were joking about how Philly got more snow in the same storm, but our area never said anything about a blizzard. Guess it has to affect important people like the president to be a blizzard...
After we got back to the car, which we had parked at a metro station out by the temple, we started heading home, when we realized Ellen, the other girl, had never been to the D.C. temple, so we decided to stop by there- plus I really needed to use the restroom, and as Ellen pointed out, the visitor's center would probably have the cleanest ones around. So, we snapped a few pictures at the temple.
When I finally got home I found this little sweetie had escaped from behind the fence I had blocked across my bedroom door.
After being gone for 15 hours, 5 of those driving, and the rest walking around, I was so exhausted by the time I got home. I went straight to bed, and didn't see the mess she had made until I got up this morning... But I still love her.
3 comments:
Your collection of signs is hilarious! Sounds like a fun day!
I love the pictures of the signs! And the picture of you by the cherry blossoms is beautiful - especially with Angela reflected in your sunglasses! Seriously, you look beautiful.
Gee Aleda, it sounds like a great day. You must have had fun. Love ya, Charley.
Post a Comment