I flew from Columbus to Houston to drive with Bryan and Olivier over to Florida. We left Friday morning, and Olivier was all set.
Here is his set up- he had his own private DVD player directly in front of him, multiple blankets and pillows, and snacks within arm's reach. He looks bored here, but he LOVED it! You can't see very well, but he had his Mickey shirt on... all ready for Disney!
Luckily Olivier spent a couple of hours like this each day we drove. I don't know how kids don't get sore necks when they fall asleep in their car/booster seats...
A couple of hours after he woke up from his nap the following conversation took place:
Bryan was explaining something to me.
O: "Daddy?"
B: "Yeah bud?"
O: "Stop talking."
B: "Can't I talk to Traci?"
O: "No. Stop talking."
Bryan and I laughing.
Bryan: "Okay."
Bryan continues speaking to me quietly.
O: (in a warning voice) "Daddy... STOP. TALKING."
This was after we checked into our hotel and were headed to dinner. Unfortunately my GPS was bad and directed us to an Applebee's on the other side of town when there was one just around the corner from where we were staying... Oh well. Olivier was able to enjoy the sunset and making shadow puppets on the door.
Here is Olivier imitating his dad. He did that quite a lot on the trip.
In our room we had the TV going, Bryan was watching stuff on his computer, Olivier was watching stuff on my iPad, and I was watching stuff on my computer. I think I turned the TV off for awhile right after I took this picture.
The next morning I was laying in bed waiting for Bryan to get out of the bathroom when I heard Olivier yawn.
T: "Good morning Olivier."
O: No answer
T: "Olivier?"
O: No answer
T: "Olivier?" (repeated approximately 34 times)
O: No answer
T: "Olivier?"
O: "WHAT??!?"
T: "Good morning."
O: "So tired..."
T: "Did you sleep well?"
O: "No. So tired. It's nighttime. Five more minutes."
T: "No, it's morning."
O: "No, it's dark. Still nighttime."
T: "No." Opening window "It's bright. See? It's morning."
O: "Oh. Morning time!"
Bryan walks out from the bathroom
O: "Daddy, it's morning time. See the window?"
Bryan had a backpack full of surprises for Olivier. This puzzle was one of them, and Olivier did it quickly, many times throughout the week. He really likes puzzles... and he is really good at them too!
Olivier was trying to do an angry face, but just kept laughing. This was at lunch on the second day of driving. We stopped at a Denny's which was part of a rest stop. Another thing I learned on this trip- when out at a restaurant Olivier only needs chips and salsa to be happy. And maybe some crayons to color with.
This is just a great picture- except for the lighting.
Bry and Avi spent a few minutes kicking around the soccer ball after lunch before we got in the car to finish the last leg of the trip.
2 comments:
those are really cute pictures, and you guys went to DisneyWorld too?? I'm jealous. The kids and I just look up pictures on the internet and dream of going. Guess we're going to have to add you blog to part of that dreaming process.
Yeah- our whole family went because everyone who had a spring break had it at the same time. It was so much fun! Although the kids, who are close in age to yours Ashley, tired pretty quickly. I think the perfect age is just a few years older...
Post a Comment