Thursday, April 14, 2011

Everyone has their own issues

I have a lot of pet peeves. A Lot. Sometimes it makes me feel better to hear about other people's pet peeves. I'm not the only crazy one. One friend recently posted on facebook about how she can't stand when people drag their heels when they walk. She said it makes the hair on the back of her neck stand up. I have a good friend in Philadelphia who cannot stand the noise/feeling/thought of a person's bare feet on carpet. We both moved to Philly at the same time, and I found out later that she was sitting at Institute her first week and the guy next to her slipped off his flip flops and had his bare feet on the carpet. She turned to him (had never met him before) and told him he needed to put his shoes back on. She also can't stand people's bare hands on the ceiling of a car. She was in the passenger seat while I was driving once and we pulled up to a stop light. While waiting for the light to change I stretched my arms up and then slide my hands across the ceiling before dropping them to the steering wheel. I can't remember if she suddenly stopped talking or what, but for some reason I looked at her and she looked like she was trying not to blow. I instantly realized what I did and apologized. She told me she was trying so hard not to say anything to me, but it caused her physical pain. I know the feeling. I know people will think I am crazy, or tell me to get over it, but I cannot stand the noise of people chewing. In fact, I have trouble sitting at a table while people are eating unless I am also eating or I have something else to distract me. If you are sitting there thinking- "you people are pathetic" then you obviously don't have any problems like this. And for that I say- congratulations to you. You should feel very lucky. It is a very hard and frustrating thing to not have complete control over your brain...

No comments: