Sunday, June 26, 2011

You never know

Yesterday I was supposed to go into work for a little bit. So, I headed out to my car and marveled at the beautiful morning. My day was going great. However, that quickly changed. Before I got out of my complex my car was shaking uncontrollably. So I turned it off, hoping it just needed to be restarted. But then the car wouldn't stay on. So then suddenly my day was going awful.
After several calls to multiple auto shops and towing companies, plus a call to a good friend to come pick me up- I finally got the car into the shop- about 3.5 hours after I has originally started out. My day was still pretty bad, but I was working on finding the good things
1. My car didn't break down on the highway
2. I was able to make all the calls I needed to get everything taken care of (including work)
3. I was still in my complex, so I was able to wait in my apartment
4. I had a friend who was willing to help me out
5. The tow wasn't too expensive.
6. The shop was able to look at my car the same day

So, after a couple of hours I got a call from the mechanic telling me it was working fine. They weren't sure exactly what was wrong, but they have suspicions (however, they couldn't confirm because it was working by the time they thought to check). They think it was something simple with the car's computer (I didn't even know cars had computers...), and showed me how to do a temporary fix if it happens again.

And then came the best part of the day- THEY DIDN'T CHARGE ME! They could have easily run the $90 diagnostic test they said they were going to run, even though it wasn't needed, and I would have been none the wiser.

It was quite a nice way to end a roller coaster day (especially when I am already worried about paying for my move next month)!

And on that note- ONLY ONE MORE WEEK UNTIL I AM DONE WITH THIS JOB! (and ladies and gentlemen- it won't be a day too soon.)

1 comment:

Becky said...

The blessings just keep piling up! :) The best is yet to be!!