Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I think I am ready to talk about it

2 months ago I was driving from Houston to San Antonio when this happened:
I was driving in the left lane when I noticed the lane was closed ahead. So I got in the next lane over. Then suddenly I noticed the cars ahead of me in that lane were all but stopped. A police car was driving about 10 mph ahead in the lane for some reason. So, I checked my mirrors and over my shoulder and started to move over another lane when suddenly a car slammed into the back of me.
I still don't know where the other car came from as the lane was clear when I checked. I don't know if he came over from the right lane and slammed into me or what. (This is my guess based on the damage to my car and his car.) However, he said I pulled in front of him and he couldn't stop. Whatever.

However, the damage to my car has been fixed and I am working on moving past it- without holding grudges.

Oh well, at least my first car accident is out of the way!

3 comments:

joan bryan said...

So glad that you are alright :)
Things like that happen so fast...
We were stopped to make a left turn when a car came up on the right of us and hit the car in front of us. We had a little damage but so blessed it wasn't any more... Love ya Jo

joan bryan said...

So glad that you are alright :)
Things like that happen so fast...
We were stopped to make a left turn when a car came up on the right of us and hit the car in front of us. We had a little damage but so blessed it wasn't any more... Love ya Jo

Becky said...

You handled it so well! Glad it's over and all is well - including you and the car!